[comp.os.cpm] need info on OSM Computer Corp. machine

rrezaian@austral.UUCP (Russell Rezaian) (04/03/91)

In article <25251@hydra.gatech.EDU> harold@wayward.gatech.edu (Harold C. Forbes) writes:
>Someone gave me a couple of OSM machines with no documentation.
>If I can find out something about them I would rather use them
>than break them up for parts.  I have a Kaypro 10 so I'm not
>a novice at CPM, but I'm not up to re-writing a BIOS either.
>
>When it boots, I get the following message on one of the ports.
>If I ^C after it says running, I can do CPM type stuff, like the
>dir listing following.  The floppy seems to be P:, but I can't
>read the floppy I found in the machine.  I think it was origonally
>used for accounting stuff.  I don't know if it was a turn-key system
>or what.
>
>Thanks for any info.
>
>	harold
[...]
>FORBES, HAROLD C.   N5JCM
>Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
>uucp: ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!cc!harold
>ARPA: harold@cc.gatech.edu
>FORBES, HAROLD C.   N5JCM
>Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
>uucp: ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!cc!harold
>ARPA: harold@cc.gatech.edu

You have a ZEUS 4, I have one myself, it is a nifty little machine, it is
both CP/M and MP/M compatible.  Inside you will find three cards.  On eis
the HD controller, the middle one is the master cpu and the last one is the
slave CPU board.  On the slave board there should either be 2 or 4 entire
z80 based computers.  Theres are all "Networked" to the master board
througha 20 cond ribbon on the side.
	Connect your terminal to a different port on the back of the
computer, the one marked U1C and you will be able to use it in multi user
mode.  There is a login password system, so you might have to find out what
the passwords are.
	I have a copy of the documentation for the O/S and I have a Z4
sysgen program for a 20 meg drive.  If yoou are interested E-Mail me and I
will be happy to help in any way I can.

	I am STILL looking for tech docs for the machines though, sigh...
--
|  Russell Rezaian		|  rrezaian@austral.UUCP		|