[comp.os.cpm] HD for KAYPRO II

jka@mris.larc.nasa.gov (J. Keith Alston) (05/04/91)

 Hello,
   I'm looking for a HD and controller for a KAYPRO II. I have no idea
   what to buy or where to look. I'd like something that would also
   run in a 386, if thats possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
"In this world you must be OH so smart or OH so pleasant...
			 I recommend pleasant"----> Elwood P. Dowd

CHRIS.MCEWEN@f601.n106.z1.FIDONET.ORG (CHRIS MCEWEN) (05/05/91)

>From: jka@mris.larc.nasa.gov (J. Keith Alston)
>Date: 3 May 91 20:15:39 GMT
>Newsgroups: comp.os.cpm
> Hello,
>   I'm looking for a HD and controller for a KAYPRO II. I have no idea
>   what to buy or where to look. I'd like something that would also
>   run in a 386, if thats possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chuck Stafford sells a hard drive kit for the Kaypro. It is the left over
stock from Advent and includes a TurboROM. His home phone is (916)
483-0312 (voice) or you can write to him at 4000 Norris Avenue,
Sacramento CA 95821.

Not very likely you will find a hard drive system that will run in both a
Kaypro and an 80386 MS-DOS box. Are you considering pulling the drive
from one box and putting it in the other now and again?

--
CHRIS MCEWEN - via FidoNet node 1:106/365
UUCP: uunet!nuchat!farwest!601!CHRIS.MCEWEN

jka@mris.larc.nasa.gov (J. Keith Alston) (05/08/91)

In article <41.2824BB87@farwest.FIDONET.ORG> CHRIS.MCEWEN@f601.n106.z1.FIDONET.ORG (CHRIS MCEWEN) writes:
>Not very likely you will find a hard drive system that will run in both a
>Kaypro and an 80386 MS-DOS box. Are you considering pulling the drive
>from one box and putting it in the other now and again?

  Yes I would like something that could be switched over to the
  80386 machine if I end up not using the KAYPRO.

  From the responses I've gotten A HD for the KAYPRO would be pretty
  expensive.
--

ianj@ijpc.UUCP (Ian Justman) (05/09/91)

CHRIS.MCEWEN@f601.n106.z1.FIDONET.ORG (CHRIS MCEWEN) writes:

> Chuck Stafford sells a hard drive kit for the Kaypro. It is the left over
> stock from Advent and includes a TurboROM. His home phone is (916)
> 483-0312 (voice) or you can write to him at 4000 Norris Avenue,
> Sacramento CA 95821.

I said this before, but I don't know if it ever got out onto the
net, but if anyone prefers to e-mail him, send it to me and I'll
make sure he gets it as he's not on the net.  Chuck Stafford and
I belong to the same user group (I don't own a Kaypro, but I'm
still a CP/M freak!) and are good friends.

> Not very likely you will find a hard drive system that will run in both a
> Kaypro and an 80386 MS-DOS box. Are you considering pulling the drive
> from one box and putting it in the other now and again?

I have the feeling that he means something to the effect of a
"Uniform for hard disks" as it were, which there ain't no such thing as
yet...