[comp.os.cpm] Scott Adams adventures wanted

erd@giza.cis.ohio-state.edu (Ethan R Dicks) (05/30/91)

I am trying to locate a copy of the *old* Scott Adams adventure games.  I
know that a disk with 11 games was sold about 6 or 7 years ago for MS-DOS
and CP/M.  Since I have the ability to run all sorts of software, either
will work.  Does anyone out in net.land have an old copy they would be willing
to part with?

Thanks,
-ethan

--
Ethan R. Dicks       | ######  This signifies that the poster is a member in
Software Results Corp|   ##    good sitting of Inertia House: Bodies at rest.

MARC.NEWMAN@farwest.FidoNet.Org (MARC NEWMAN) (05/31/91)

>I am trying to locate a copy of the *old* Scott Adams adventure games.  I
>know that a disk with 11 games was sold about 6 or 7 years ago for MS-DOS
>and CP/M.  Since I have the ability to run all sorts of software, either
>will work.  Does anyone out in net.land have an old copy they would be willing
>to part with?

If you find a copy, please let me know.  I am also quite interested in
getting a copy of the CP/M version.

Marc
 * Origin: The Black Box RCP/M MSBBS, 713-480-2686 HST/V32/V42bis (106/601)

jmaster@intelhf.hf.intel.com (Justin Masters) (06/04/91)

In article <675695171.0@farwest.FidoNet> MARC.NEWMAN@farwest.FidoNet.Org (MARC NEWMAN) writes:
>>I am trying to locate a copy of the *old* Scott Adams adventure games.  I
>>know that a disk with 11 games was sold about 6 or 7 years ago for MS-DOS
>>and CP/M.  Since I have the ability to run all sorts of software, either
>>will work.  Does anyone out in net.land have an old copy they would be willing
>>to part with?
>
>If you find a copy, please let me know.  I am also quite interested in
>getting a copy of the CP/M version.

All I've got is a TRS-80 version of it.  It's Z-80 code, but I'm sure it has dos calls  for that system (NEWDOS80) and other calls from deep down in low memory.

MARC.NEWMAN@farwest.FidoNet.Org (MARC NEWMAN) (06/07/91)

>>If you find a copy, please let me know.  I am also quite interested in
>>getting a copy of the CP/M version.
>All I've got is a TRS-80 version of it.  It's Z-80 code, but I'm sure it has d
>os calls  for that system (NEWDOS80) and other calls from deep down in low mem
>ory.

Thanks, I am not sure about NEWDOS80 but if it is not CP/M 80 compatable,
it will not work for me.

erd@giza.cis.ohio-state.edu (Ethan R Dicks) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun3.191603.7539@intelhf.hf.intel.com> jmaster@intelhf.hf.intel.com (Justin Masters) writes:

>>>I am trying to locate a copy of the *old* Scott Adams adventure games.

>All I've got is a TRS-80 version of it.  It's Z-80 code, but I'm sure it has
>dos calls  for that system (NEWDOS80) and other calls from deep down in
>low memory.

Justin, I would like to hear more about what you have, but your machine
(intelhf) says that you don't exist.  Please contact me via e-mail.

Thanks and apologies for the wasted bandwidth
-ethan
--
Ethan R. Dicks       | ######  This signifies that the poster is a member in
Software Results Corp|   ##    good sitting of Inertia House: Bodies at rest.
940 Freeway Drive N. |   ##
Columbus OH    43229 | ######  "You get it, you're closer."

THRA004@cms.ulcc.ac.uk (Christopher Currie) (06/11/91)

If you have a PC you can run the Newdos80 Scott Adams adventures using
the Pc-Three TRS80 Model III emulator from Hypersoft (PO Box 51155, Raleigh,
NC 27609). However, it's not cheap (around 100 dollars or more). You will
also need a double-density, legal, MIII Newdos80 system disk (PC Three can't
read SD). Newdos80 is not CP/M compatible. There may be a further problem:
some of the Scott Adams adventures for the TRS-80 were distributed on tape,
but you could run them from a Newdos80 disk by using Apparat's LMOFFSET
program. A game doctored in this way for a TRS-80 Model I won't necessarily
work on a Model III (and thus on the emulator). A genuine disk version
should be OK. I have one (demo) SA adventure for the Model III, and would
be glad to hear from anyone wanting to give away unused copies of others.

I've had to sign off this list, so won't be around to receive comments.

(I wish there was a list for TRS-80 users, but I've never found one on the net.
)

Christopher