[comp.os.cpm] QTERM/MTS Kermit

freeman@WATSUN.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Mike Freeman) (06/17/91)

In article <9107558@ub.cc.umich.edu>, Steve Graham writes:
>I am still not able to get QTERM's KERMIT to talk to my local mainframe's
>(MTS) kermit.  Any ideas?  Setting parity, file type, packet length
>don't seem to do it.  MTS sometimes give "unexpected packet type" messages,
>or spits out a "d:<cr>" at the bottom right of the screen, otherwise nothing
>but timeout errors.  And they are offset on the screen by one line from
>their labels, due to that <cr> at the bottom of the screen.

I corresponded with Frank da Cruz (One of Columbia's Kermit gurus)
regarding this problem and he says that it's likely the problem is with
MTS-Kermit. Someone once told him that MTS-Kermit doesn't understand
I-packets and goes crazy when it receives one. Steve Graham may be SOL
on this one because Mr. da Cruz says nobody is supporting MTS-Kermit
anymore.
-- Mike K7UIJ --