[comp.os.cpm] MIX C Compiler for CP/M

ac959@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Ed Grey) (06/21/91)

>Date: 17 Jun 91 14:10:34 GMT
>Subject: C compiler for Cp/M or MP/M

>The heading says it all.  Does anyone know if such a beastie exists either
>pd or commercially.

>--
>Ken MacGregor                                             ken@cs.uct.ac.za
>Computer Science                             ken%uctcs%quagga@uunet.uu.net
>University of Cape Town   ...uunet!{m2xenix!quagga,ddsw1!olsa99}!uctcs!ken

The following information describes one of several C compilers
available for CP/M.

The MIX C compiler is a complete implementation of C as defined
in "The C Programming Language" by Kernighan and Richie (the K &
R standard).  The C library functions provided are compatible
with the Unix standard, therefore the programs written with MIX C
are easily ported to other computers and operating systems.  MIX
C is available for both CP/M or PCDOS and source code written on
one is easily transportable to the other.

MIX C is designed especially for the beginning to intermediate
level C programmer.  Unlike other systems, MIX C doesn't assume
that you're a C expert.  With MIX C the 430 page manual includes
a tutorial that guides you step by step through the C language.
In my opinion the manual alone is worth the price of the entire
package.

The PCDOS version of MIX C has an optional 'debugger' available
called 'Ctrace.'  With Ctrace you can 'step' through your source
code line by line or statement by statement, and see the results,
which makes debugging a breeze.

I also have the MIX Editor for sale in both CP/M and PCDOS
versions.  Among the many excellent features of the MIX Editor
are the ability to work on two files simultaneously.  The manuals
for the MIX C and the MIX Editor cover both the CP/M and the
PCDOS versions.

The software is available on many UNIFORM supported 5.25" (DD)
CP/M and IBM-PC (360K) disk formats.  I prefer to use TeleVideo
(5.25", DD, DS, 48tpi) CP/M disks, since I use TeleVideo
computers and therefore I can test the disk before shipping.
Please specify your choice.

The price for each of the above software packages is only $20.00
plus $5.00 for shipping and handling (UPS ground, in the
continental US).  Orders shipped to a California address must
include 7% sales tax.  If you order both the CP/M and PCDOS
versions of either the MIX C compiler or MIX Editor the price is
only $25.00 plus $5.00 for S&H (UPS ground, in the 48 contiguous
states).  At this special low price only one manual is provided.

Contact me at any address below for shipping charges outside the
US (48 contiguous states) or for additional information.  Thanks
for your interest.  Take care.

                    ** System Requirements **

                         MIX C Compiler

CP/M version:                  MS/PCDOS version:

Z80 CPU                        PCDOS (2.0 or higher)
CP/M 80 (2.0 or higher)        128K memory
55K memory                     1 disk drive
2 disk drives or HD

                           MIX Editor

CP/M version:                  MS/PCDOS version:

Z80 CPU                        PCDOS (2.0 or higher)
CP/M 80 (2.0 or higher)        192K memory
55K memory
1 disk drive

--
 Ed Grey  \*\  Sysop of The Grey Matter BBS & RCP/M 213-971-6260
 P.O. Box #2186  \*\  Bitnet: ac959%cleveland.freenet.edu@cunyvm