[comp.os.cpm] Shugart 14" drive/ CP/M

rdavis@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu (Robert Davis) (06/23/91)

Hello, is there anyone out there who has used a system with a Shugart
14" disc-drive?  Anyone out there have, or know where I could obtain
schematics for this drive?  In addition, can anyone provide me with
any suggestions as to how I can hook up one of these beasts to a
Dynabyte CP/M system?  I already have a seperate power-supply for it.
Is the interface the same as, or similar to, that for the Shugart 8"
floppies?  Thanks, very much, in advance!

ianj@ijpc.UUCP (Ian Justman) (06/28/91)

rdavis@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu (Robert Davis) writes:

> Hello, is there anyone out there who has used a system with a Shugart
> 14" disc-drive?  Anyone out there have, or know where I could obtain
> schematics for this drive?  In addition, can anyone provide me with
> any suggestions as to how I can hook up one of these beasts to a
> Dynabyte CP/M system?  I already have a seperate power-supply for it.
> Is the interface the same as, or similar to, that for the Shugart 8"
> floppies?  Thanks, very much, in advance!

If you're talking about the DB8/1 or the DB8/2 S-100 box, I
believe you should be able to hook it straight to the box,
provided you have a controller.  I have a Dynabyte DB8/1 on which
I run a Fujitsu 20 megabyte 8" drive.  I have a spare 10 megabyte
if you want it.  Also, by the way, if you indeed have a DB8/1 (or
DB8/2, which version of the BIOS are you running?  Give me a buzz
at the number below.