[comp.sys.m6809] Anyone gotten MultiPak fix yet?

knudsen@ihwpt.UUCP (01/30/87)

Has anyone actually SEEN the PAL or satellite board
needed to upgrade a MiltiPak (MPI) for Coco III?
I ordered the paL chip from National Parts 4 weeks
ago from my local Shack, but it still hasn't come
in, and the girl that answered the phone there today
seems to have lost my entry in their order book...

So, has anyone gotten their MPI back from Service
or received the part(s) to do it themselves?
Some of the Rainbow stalwart mailorder outfits
have been advertising the parts -- has anyone scored
on them yet?

Local Shacks told me "OS9 Level II in a week"!
So I want my MultiPak!  (Not that I believe the above...)

--
Mike J Knudsen    ...ihnp4!ihwpt!knudsen
"It's like trying to get to sleep at the Intergalactic

rsanders@watdcsu.UUCP (01/30/87)

In article <1376@ihwpt.UUCP> knudsen@ihwpt.UUCP (mike knudsen) writes:
>Has anyone actually SEEN the PAL or satellite board
>needed to upgrade a MiltiPak (MPI) for Coco III?
>I ordered the paL chip from National Parts 4 weeks
>ago from my local Shack, but it still hasn't come

Here in Waterloo Ontario Canada, I can't even get a price on the part.
The Guy at my local Radio Shack store has been trying for a few weeks to
get a price on the upgrade so he can order it for me. As yet he hasn't
got one yet, so I am still waiting.

>Local Shacks told me "OS9 Level II in a week"!

Last one I heard was sometime in MARCH!!!!!
Oh well , Canada is always behind!!!

--
  Roger Sanderson: {clyde|decvax|ihnp4}-\
                             {tektronix}-+--> watmath!watdcsu!rsanders

dibble@rochester.UUCP (02/01/87)

In article <1376@ihwpt.UUCP>, knudsen@ihwpt.UUCP (mike knudsen) writes:
> Has anyone actually SEEN the PAL or satellite board
> needed to upgrade a MiltiPak (MPI) for Coco III?

I got my upgraded Multipack back last week.  It took a month or more
for the part(s) to come in, but finally happened.

The article in Rainbow notwithstanding the upgrade is NOT covered under
warrentee.  It is the store manager's option.

Peter

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (02/01/87)

In article <1376@ihwpt.UUCP> knudsen@ihwpt.UUCP writes:
>Has anyone actually SEEN the PAL or satellite board
>needed to upgrade a MiltiPak (MPI) for Coco III?

     I got an upgrade PAL for the original grey MultiPak a few weeks ago.
I decided not to install it yet because I found out that Stylograph was
going to give me problems.  I have just recently ordered an upgrade to
full 6809 Stylograph.  If it arrives soon, I'll do the upgrade.  The problem
with the CoCo version of Stylograph is that if you use the WordPakII 80
column setting, the cursor disappears in Edit Mode, making it just slightly
better than totally useless.  With Full Stylograph I should be able to
re-define the screen control characters as I need them.

     Has anybody used any screen editors or word processor packages under
OS-9 on the CoCo3 yet?

>Local Shacks told me "OS9 Level II in a week"!

     I hope someone will post 'here' the arrival of Level II in the
US.  Up here in Canada we should be soon thereafter.

jas@munsell.UUCP (02/02/87)

After waiting for three weeks I received my satelite board
and followed the instructions in the rainbow article with much
success. I am new on the net and this is my first posting but
, I have been following all the coco new. Keep up the good
work.

rsanders@watdcsu.UUCP (02/02/87)

In article <24364@rochester.ARPA> dibble@rochester.ARPA (Peter C. Dibble) writes:
>I got my upgraded Multipack back last week.  It took a month or more
>for the part(s) to come in, but finally happened.
>
>The article in Rainbow notwithstanding the upgrade is NOT covered under
>warrentee.  It is the store manager's option.

The Feb. issue of Rainbow has a correction to this effect in the errors
column.

--
  Roger Sanderson: {clyde|decvax|ihnp4}-\
                             {tektronix}-+--> watmath!watdcsu!rsanders
                     {ubc-vision|utzoo}-/

neals@midas.UUCP (02/03/87)

Well, I haven't personally seen a PAL, but when I was in the
store checking on the PAL I ordered two weeks ago I got to see
the infamous satelite board.  It is tiny, and has all of a 74LS10,
a resistor, a capacitor (I presume is was a bypass) and about a
half dozen wire-wrap size wires coming off of it.  It is only for
the NEWEST multi-paks, the ones with a custom IC, apparently the
ones with a squarish white case like the COCO 3.  As for the PAL,
the salesman had gotten several already, and if I had contacted him
a day earlier I would have had mine a while ago.  Oh well.  He said
Level II is currently scheduled for the middle of February.

Neal Sedell