[comp.sys.m6809] pdcom program...where's the syscall procedure?

kato@potpourri.UUCP (Carlos Santiago) (05/27/87)

    I recently attempted to run pdcom under BASIC09  but it wouldn't work.
I found that I am missing a procedure called syscall().  Can someone please
post the source?
                                      thanks.
--
                  Gould, CSD, Home of the Firebreathers
                    The opinions expressed are my own.

                   ...mcnc!rti-sel!gould!potpourri!kato

pete@wlbr.UUCP (05/28/87)

In article <343@potpourri.UUCP> kato@potpourri.UUCP (Carlos Santiago) writes:

>    I recently attempted to run pdcom under BASIC09  but it wouldn't work.
>I found that I am missing a procedure called syscall().  Can someone please
>post the source?

Carlos -

The 'syscall' procedure is a subroutine for BASIC09 that was written
in assembly. In essence, it allows you to stuff a set of pseudo
registers and make a system call (I$write, f$crc, etc.) from within
BASIC09.

Microware (R. Doggett, I believe) wrote the initial one, and placed it
in the public domain. It's available on Compuserve (and I'm sure the
other services too..) and the OS9 USERS GROUP LIBRARY.

Coco3 Level II os9 has it on the distribution disk. If you can't get a
copy from an alternate source, drop me a line and I'll mail you one.

--
                                                   Pete Lyall

Usenet:     {trwrb, scgvaxd, ihnp4, voder, vortex}!wlbr!pete
Compuserve: 76703,4230 (OS9 Forum Sysop)
OS9 (home): (805)-985-0632 (24hr./1200 baud)
Phone:      (818)-706-5693 (work 9-5 PST)

EATON Corp, IMSD, 31717 La Tienda Dr., Westlake Village, Ca. 91359