[comp.sys.m6809] Sardis Disk Controller

draco@chinet.UUCP (09/13/87)

In <1994@ihwpt.ATT.COM> knudsen@ihwpt.ATT.COM (mike knudsen) writes:

>Last nite I figured out the problem with my Sardis controller ROM.

>Mail from chinet!draco sez I should've got a hardware manual with
>the beast, but all I got was the software docs (which are pretty
good).

>BTW, draco (Kent), what else does that hardware manual have?
>Addresses and bits for control registers?  Schematic ;-) ?

Mike, no schematics, but there is a heading in the manual for
"Availability of Schematics", which bodes well for the future.

There is a full description of the control registers AND a set of
sample drivers for standalone operation, which makes everything pretty
clear.

And directly related to your initial setup problems is a 4 page section
detailing the installation of headers (requires trace-cutting and some
soldering), shorting blocks, and a switch for the following ROM/EPROM

1. Standard R/S ROM, or 68764/766 EPROM. Default.
2. 2764 EPROM.
3. 27128 EPROM.
4. 27128 EPROM as 2 switchable 8K blocks.
5. 27256 EPROM as 2 switchable 16K blocks.

The switch mounts into a hole in the controller's case.

The table of contents also promises some additional goodies that are
presently only null entries.

Specifications:
Theory of Operation:
Trouble-shooting and Maintenance:
Availability of Schematics:
User Feedback:
and Index:

Kent D. Meyers
PO Box 266
Le Roy, MN 55951

(507)-324-5836 (After 8:30PM CDT)              Net> ihnp4!chinet!draco