[comp.sys.m6809] CoCo 3 termcap wanted

harmon@abvax.UUCP (Larry Harmon) (10/05/87)

	Does anyone have a termcap which will let a CoCo II or III
work as a terminal for a Unix system?  Is there a terminal type which
uses the same or similar codes to that of the CoCo?  Please post anything
you have.

						Thanks in advance
							Larry Harmon

EWTILENI@pucc.Princeton.EDU (Eric Tilenius) (10/07/87)

>        Does anyone have a termcap which will let a CoCo II or III
>work as a terminal for a Unix system?  Is there a terminal type which
>uses the same or similar codes to that of the CoCo?

No termcaps here, but I can recommend an excellent terminal program for
the CoCo 3 which will allow you to use a Unix system.

The one I use is Datapak III+ by Cer-Comp (see Rainbow ads), and features
VT100 and VT52 compatibility.  At least 99% of Unix systems have terminal
settings for one of these two terminal types.  It also features 80 column
screen (a must!), true 1200 baud from bitbanger port OR RS-232 up to 9600,
XMODEM, autologon, etc.  Not very user friendly, but worth it!

You also may want to look at the new VT52 compatible terminal program
by Computize, although Cer-Comp's CoCo 3 program is probably more
versitile in the Unix arena.

Both of these are under RS-DOS, as is most sensible software.  :-)

- ERIC -

\\\\\\\     \\      \\    | UUCP  : (ihnp4,cmcl2)!psuvax1!pucc.bitnet!EWTILENI
 \\           \\    \\    | ARPA  : ewtileni@pucc.Princeton.EDU
  \\            \\  \\    | BITNET: ewtileni@pucc.BITNET
   \\\\\\\        \\\\    | DELPHI: TILENIUS   (also MCI MAIL)
   ColorVenture Software  | PHONE : 609-734-0092

donp@bucket.UUCP (Don Park) (10/13/87)

Hello,
    Try to get on Delphi and get ULTIMATERM (ULTITERM.BIN) by Ken Johnston.
Try to get version 2.4 and not 2.5 because I have not been able to get
that to work with ANSI at all. But it does support ANSI 3.6 and VT52.
Thats all I use on my unix and local BBSs.
Hope this helps.
If you can't get it write me back for an address to send a disk and I
will put a copy on it and send it back.
Don Park. Bark Software.

ronald@csuchico.EDU (Ronald Cole) (10/13/87)

In article <77@abvax.UUCP>, harmon@abvax.UUCP (Larry Harmon) writes:

> 	Does anyone have a termcap which will let a CoCo II or III
> work as a terminal for a Unix system?  Is there a terminal type which
> uses the same or similar codes to that of the CoCo?  Please post anything
> you have.
>
> 						Thanks in advance
> 							Larry Harmon

Larry,
	1) no termcap, however I wrote a terminfo file for OS-9 level I
        2) not that I know of!
        3) you asked for it...

-------------------------------- cut here ----------------------------------
## --------------------------------
#	@(#)tandy.ti	1.0	(1.0	1/18/87)
#
# tandy : TANDY
#
os9-i|Tandy Color Computer 2 using OS-9 Level I,
	am,
	bel=^G, bw,
	clear=\f, cnorm=\005!, cols#32, cr=\r,
	cub1=\b, cud1=\l, cuf1=\006, cup=\002%p2%' '%+%c%p1%' '%+%c, cuu1=\011,
	cvvis=\005$,
	el=\004,
	home=\001,
	ind=\l, invis=\005\s, is2=\016\005!,
	lines#16,
	nel=\r\l,

os9-i-80|Tandy Color Computer 2 using OS-9 Level I/80-column cartridge,
	cols#80,
	is2=\016\037\s,
	lines#24,
	rev=\037!,
	sgr0=\037\s,
	use=os9-i,

I hope this is of use to all the net.6809ers out there.  It works reasonably
well with vi and hasn't given me any problems in 8 months of use.

Since I don't have a CoCo 3 yet, if someone adds OS-9 level II support
to this file I would like to have the additions!  Cheers!!

--
Ronald Cole				| uucp:     ihnp4!csun!csuchic!ronald
AT&T 3B5 System Administrator		| PhoneNet: ronald@csuchico.edu