[comp.sys.m6809] A Deskmate 3 question.

disd@hubcap.UUCP (Gary R. Heffelfinger) (02/12/88)

A friend of mine wants to know if he can make Deskmate 3 (either the
entire environment or individual application modules) work with Multi-vue.

--
Gary R. Heffelfinger                  Employed by, but not the
disd@hubcap.clemson.edu               mouthpiece of, Clemson University

jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) (02/12/88)

In article <962@hubcap.UUCP>, disd@hubcap.UUCP (Gary R. Heffelfinger) writes:
> A friend of mine wants to know if he can make Deskmate 3 (either the
> entire environment or individual application modules) work with Multi-vue.

I think the answer to that question hinges on whether one can specify in an
AIF file that an application wants a VDG window, because I believe Deskmate
uses VDG screens.  If it's possible to do that, then it should be possible
to create icons and AIF files for Deskmate.  Depending on whether there's
any obscure coupling between Deskmate proper and the individual application
modules, it might or might not be possible to directly use them from MV.

		James Jones