[comp.sys.m6809] Radio Shack Ripoff!!

antony@violet.berkeley.edu (Antony A. Courtney) (03/19/88)

Subject: Radio Shack Ripoff?

>Hey there-
>   OK, here's my story:
> Now I'm wondering, was what they did really legal?
>I wasn't informed that I'd be charged ($25!) for the estimate. I understand
>that work was done to figure out what was wrong, but didn't think of that when
>I dropped it off. Also, they REFUSE to tell me what was wrong if I take it
>back, OR if I get it fixed. When I get it back, I have to re-install my 512K
>board, and there goes my 90 day warranty. I feel like I got really ripped off
>by Radio Shack. What do you think?
>
>  --Mike

It is my understanding of the law that they ripped you off!! You can not
contract if you do not know about it. They are REQUIRED to tell you if they are
going to charge you for something. They are a rip-off anyway....

sorry about that. _I_ would nail 'em, but you may decide it is not worth the
trouble.

anyway-at least several of us now know what a rip-off R.S. is.

-Antony A. Courtney

                           /                                       /
                          /   ________________     _______________/

antony@violet.berkeley.edu
USERE9K8@rpitsmts.bitnet
antony@daniel.its.rpi.edu