[comp.sys.m6809] 'comp.os.os9'

jimomura@lsuc.uucp (Jim Omura) (05/17/88)

     I haven't received a posting from 'comp.os.os9' in a long time
now.  Does anybody know if it's still alive?

Cheers! -- Jim O.
--
Jim Omura, 2A King George's Drive, Toronto, (416) 652-3880
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura

EWTILENI@pucc.Princeton.EDU (Eric William Tilenius) (05/18/88)

>     I haven't received a posting from 'comp.os.os9' in a long time
>now.  Does anybody know if it's still alive?

I believe comp.os.os9 just went unmoderated.  You should be able to
post information there directly as of today.

Speaking of "alive", though, the COCO mailing list is hopping with
activity!  Anyone who's not on it who owns a CoCo: just send mail with
a return address (domain style preferable).

- ERIC -

*----------------------===>  SPACE IS THE PLACE... <===-----------------------*
*        ewtileni@pucc.Princeton.EDU  //  ewtileni@pucc.BITNET                *
*      rutgers!pucc.bitnet!ewtileni  //  princeton!pucc.bitnet!ewtileni       *
* ColorVenture - Microcomputer Software - "Because Life isn't Black and White"*
*--------------------===> Another proud CoCo 3 owner <===---------------------*

jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) (06/10/88)

In article <5290@pucc.Princeton.EDU>, EWTILENI@pucc.Princeton.EDU (Eric William Tilenius) writes:
> Speaking of "alive", though, the COCO mailing list is hopping with
> activity!

It is sort of a curious situation...comp.sys.m6809 seems to be languishing
while the mailing list is active.  I wonder whether past a certain point
comp.sys.m6809 will be marked for destruction because its traffic is siphoned
off into the mailing list, and what the relative burden on the net is of
the mailing list versus the same traffic were it sent on comp.sys.m6809?

		James Jones

mdk1@cblpf.ATT.COM (Michael King) (06/10/88)

+
+It is sort of a curious situation...comp.sys.m6809 seems to be languishing
+while the mailing list is active.  I wonder whether past a certain point
+comp.sys.m6809 will be marked for destruction because its traffic is siphoned
+off into the mailing list, and what the relative burden on the net is of
+the mailing list versus the same traffic were it sent on comp.sys.m6809?
+
+		James Jones

I sent mail to Eric when he asked for opinions if the mailing list was
becoming too active, and told him that I preferred to use netnews rather
than a mailing list because of the large volume of mail.  I use mail to get
info from the other writing groups here at work and I have to read through
all the COCO stuff to get the work-related stuff.  And you all know how
tough it is to pass up reading anything about the COCO.:-) If the info is in
netnews, I can read it at night.

By the way, Pete Lyall, I finally got my disk from the OS9 User's Group, it
looks like there is some really good stuff on it.  Has anyone suggested
that the format of the help files be  changed slightly to make them a
little easier to follow.  I just scanned through them briefly, but to me,
they appeared confusing.  There was too much info there.  Does anyone else
have any opinion about the help files on the UG disks?

Mike King

UUCP:..!ihnp4!cblpf!mdk1        |"What's the point in being grown-up |- The
Domain: mdk1@cblpf.ATT.COM      | if you can't be childish at times?"| Doctor
>the mailing list versus the same traffic were it sent on comp.sys.m6809?

    Sorry for posting, but I can't be the only one in this position.
I tried to request the list, but the mail didn't make it.  Could some
kind soul post a list of alternative paths for requesting the list?

				Andy Valencia,
				vandys%hpisoa1.UUCP@hplabs.hp.com

pete@wlbr.EATON.COM (Pete Lyall) (06/14/88)

In article <1322@cblpf.ATT.COM> mdk1@cblpf.ATT.COM (41450-Michael King) writes:
>By the way, Pete Lyall, I finally got my disk from the OS9 User's Group, it
>looks like there is some really good stuff on it.  Has anyone suggested
>that the format of the help files be  changed slightly to make them a
>little easier to follow.  I just scanned through them briefly, but to me,
>they appeared confusing.  There was too much info there.  Does anyone else
>have any opinion about the help files on the UG disks?

Mike (and others) -

Those formats were established so that they would fit into the
database originally employed by Dave Kaleita and Carl Kreider
(original librarians... Dave is now the President). I believe Dave
pasted something together using RMS (a database tools package). I
don't honestly know if there's any latitude or not with regard to the
format... I'm not wild about it either.

If you have some suggestions that you'd like to see passed on, mail
them to me, and I will pass them on to Carl Kreider.

Pete

--
Pete Lyall (OS9 Users Group VP)|  DELPHI: OS9UGVP  |  Eaton Corp.(818)-706-5693
Compuserve: 76703,4230 (OS9 Sysop) OS9 (home): (805)-985-0632 (24hr./1200 baud)