[comp.sys.m6809] Age of BLOB

dibble@cs.rochester.edu (Peter C. Dibble) (11/12/88)

I have never experienced any form of boot list order bug on any of my hardware
and many years of running OS-9.(*)
This doesn't entirely rule out the possibliity
that it is a software bug, but I'd certainly lean towards hardware until
strong evidence appears.

The hardware timing explanation sounded reasonable to me.  Is there reason to
question it?

Peter Dibble

(*)  Maybe there was some form of this bug in the beta release of Level
Two, but that was ... maybe ... seven or eight years ago?

neals@tekigm2.TEK.COM (Neal Sedell) (11/17/88)

In article <1988Nov11.143346.6168@cs.rochester.edu> dibble@cs.rochester.edu (Peter C. Dibble) writes:
>I have never experienced any form of boot list order bug on any of my hardware
>and many years of running OS-9.(*)
>This doesn't entirely rule out the possibliity
>that it is a software bug, but I'd certainly lean towards hardware until
>strong evidence appears.
>
>The hardware timing explanation sounded reasonable to me.  Is there reason to
>question it?

Okay.  Good thing I left a disclaimer in my armchair analysis!  I haven't been
involved with OS-9 other than with the COCO, and I do know that OS-9 runs
on lots of other systems, but I just kind of forgot....

This pretty much points to a hardware problem.  What exactly is COCO
specific other than the boot itself and of course the i/o drivers???
Perhaps Mr. Jones could provide the definitive answer (hint hint - it
wouldn't even have to be "official".)
--
Neal Sedell