[comp.sys.m6809] coco equipment for sale

rhengst@pacsbb.UUCP (robert hengstebeck) (02/11/89)

I have a need to sell off some of my excess CoCo equipment to cover some
personal expenses.  What I have is listed here:

     1 64k coco I, 1 64k coco II, 1 128k coco III
     1 F501 disk drive case, with two 40t,single side, dd drives and the
         controller.(this is two 1/2 height drives set up horizontally)
     1 homebrew disk drive case with two 40t double side dd drives and
         controller  ******** SOLD ********
     2 13 inch color tv's
     Note.The coco 2 has termite installed which allows the coco to be used
         as a 9600 baud terminal and emulates the vt52, os-9, and tty
         formats. With this package you can switch between 32, 51, and 64
         columns on the screen.  My daughter has used this to run Stylo
         off of my 512k coco III for her homework.  You can also set the
         baud rate.

If anyone is interested please leave Email or call me at home (215) 322-545
                                               Robert Hengstebeck

dtroup@carroll1.UUCP (Dave Troup) (02/17/89)

	I have just recently purchased a COCO III for some fun hacking after
	seeing what this remarkable little machine can do. Currently I have
	OS9, BSR controller, 1 Drive, (128k so far).

	Im looking for the Multi-Pak expansion Module (what $$ are they?)
	Any sort of help with multiple users would be GREATLY appreciated!
	Which terminal software is the best(vt100)?

	Whats the setup cost for a cheap 10 or 20mb hard drive with the bus
	that doesnt stop computer processing while in disk accesss?

	Thank you in advance...

	David C. Troup
	dtroup@carroll1.UUCP
	(414)524-6826
	SkunkWorks!

knudsen@ihlpl.ATT.COM (Knudsen) (02/18/89)

In article <223@carroll1.UUCP>, dtroup@carroll1.UUCP (Dave Troup) writes:

> 	I have just recently purchased a COCO III for some fun hacking after
> 	seeing what this remarkable little machine can do. Currently I have

Remarkable is right!  Welcome to the club.

> 	Im looking for the Multi-Pak expansion Module (what $$ are they?)
These can still be found at some Shacks for $70 or so.
Officially they are discontinued (don't ask me to explain why!).

> 	Whats the setup cost for a cheap 10 or 20mb hard drive with the bus
> 	that doesnt stop computer processing while in disk accesss?

CHeapest and almost the best is the Burke & Burke interface adaptor
and OS9 device drivers.  It lets you plug one of those cheap < $300
IBM-PClone hard disk controller and drive kits into your Coco.

If you can't find a Multi-Pak, contact DISTO about their floppy
disk controller with a hard-disk port.  THis requires an external
SASI controller, I think.
--
Mike Knudsen  Bell Labs(AT&T)   att!ihlpl!knudsen
"Anyone can build a conservative design, given liberal resources." -- MJK

flounder@westfort.UUCP (The Flounder) (03/04/89)

Whew!  A lot of questions, so let's get to it.  You can find used MPI's for
$25-$30 if you hang out on CoCo oriented boards.  The best deal I've seen
going for small hard disks is from Arizona Small Computer Peripherals - check
their ads in Rainbow.  Vaughn Cato's program (OSTERM) does a pretty good job
of ANSI emulation.  Several RSDOS based programs do decent vt100, notably
VTERM from Gimmesoft.  If you want to go multi-user, you really have to haLck
the multi-pak and acquire at least one rs232pak.  I'll outline the mpi hack
and the accompanying software if you ask for it.
Richard Scranton

GEnie address R.SCRANTON
uucp ...!osu-cis!westfort!Flounder

jonh@tekgen.BV.TEK.COM (Jon Howell) (03/17/89)

>If you want to go multi-user, you really have to hack
>the multi-pak and acquire at least one rs232pak.  I'll outline the mpi hack
>and the accompanying software if you ask for it.
I have put together a file on hacking one RS232 pak and adding the IRQ (CART)
line direct into the MPI.  (All internal to the MPI--no cable into CoCo.
It has worked great on my system)
If you'd like to see it, I'll post or email.  It's a simple process, and one
rs232 (unmodified) works with /t2, the other with /m1.  I've had a user on
a 19.2Kbd terminal, one @1200 on the modem, and me, and the only time things
got slow was when the floppies were a'spinnin'. :-)

		--Jon
--
...!tektronix!tekgen!jonh  (503) MAK-SEMA  Jon Howell | Q: How come they never
  //  //  //  _  __    _   .  .   . .    ___   .  _   | play that on the radio?