[comp.sys.m6809] CoCo UART cartridge

mwjester@wsucsa.uucp (02/14/90)

In article <1243@sumax.UUCP>, becker@sumax.UUCP (Ted Becker) writes:
> ... stuff deleted ...
> Second: Is there a uart card available that can plug into the cartrage slot?
> The control interfaces will be RS232 serial and the application is a semi-
> realtime opperation that can't tolerate waiting for the CoCo to count on
> it's fingers for printer port output.

Tandy at one time marketed an RS232 cartridge with the regular DB25 connection
that plugs into that slot.  I have neither the cartridge nor the doc with me
and don't recall right now if it was interrupt-driven, but I can look that up
this weekend if nobody else posts the info first.

> Thanks in advance.

You're welcome.

Max J.