[comp.sys.m6809] 512K text editor for CoCo 3

v8803330@cc.nu.oz.au (11/11/90)

Does anyone know if there is software available that can utilise the 512K of
the CoCo3. At present I am using TSEDIT, which is only good for about 45K.

Any help would be appreciated.

jteague@usdsd1.Dayton.NCR.COM (John Teague) (11/14/90)

In article <3814.273da479@cc.nu.oz.au> v8803330@cc.nu.oz.au writes:
>Does anyone know if there is software available that can utilise the 512K of
>the CoCo3. At present I am using TSEDIT, which is only good for about 45K.

Dynastar will edit files of any size up to available disk space.  However,
it does not keep more than about 30K in memory at one time.  Furthermore,
you can with a few keystrokes load a bufferful of the file starting at
the current cursor position (call it point A).  However, once you have done so
you must close the document and re-open to edit anything before point A.

Aside from this quirk dynastar is a pretty nice word processor.

-John Teague