[comp.sys.m6809] VT100 Terminal Emulators?

djimenez@ringer.cs.utsa.edu (Daniel Jimenez) (05/26/91)

I need to emulate a VT100 terminal on my Tandy Color Computer 3.
Does anyone have info on a terminal emulator, or on the VT100
terminal (so I can write it myself)?

Please email me.  Thank You!!
--
*    Daniel A. Jimenez			*  Opinions expressed here are
*    djimenez@ringer.cs.utsa.edu	*  not those of anyone at UTSA

sysop@sandv.UUCP (System Operator Paul Jerkatis) (05/28/91)

In a previous message, "djimenez@ringer.cs.utsa.edu" writes:
> I need to emulate a VT100 terminal on my Tandy Color Computer 3.
> Does anyone have info on a terminal emulator, or on the VT100
> terminal (so I can write it myself)?
There are two terminal programs that do respectable VT100 emulation for the
CoCo 3 (That I know of). My first choice would be KBCom (comercial version).
It is written by Eddie Kuns, and is available from Kala Software (formally
Secon City Software) KBcom offers a full implementation of VT100 emulation,
including the nifty line graphics characters, double high/wide text, and the
entire VT100 keypad is accessable. It runs under OS9 Lev 2 and I believe it
will require 512k.

The other term program I know of is V-Term. I don't know too much about this
program, other then I have heard its VT100 support is decent, and that it
runs under RS-Dos... It is available from Gimmesoft...

There is also a PD term program available that does good VT100 emulation
called "vt100". It is a very bare bone term program, and is known to lock up
on occasion. It is available on many BBSes, the CoCo Listserv, and probably
on Delphi and Compuserve.

If you need more information on how to obtain any of thes programs, feel free
to send me E-Mail and I will give more details...
--
 Paul Jerkatis - Call the SandV BBS - 708-352-0948 (OS9/CoCo 3 support)
 UUCP: ...tellab5!vpnet!sandv!sysop   Domain: sandv!sysop@vpnet.chi.il.us