[comp.sys.tandy] CPM for MODEL I, Re: Kermit for the Mod I, Re: Z80 users

conklin@msudoc.UUCP (Terry Conklin) (03/05/87)

This is actually a reply to three messages, but as a group the replies
may interest other tandy fans so here t'is.

Note in the last tandy listing - REAL TRS owners! Yes folks, I mean
owners of real Tandy lineage. (Coco's count here as well)

Someone asked if there were still Z80 people out there - at least! I
run several BBSes and they specifically support MOD I/III/IV (IVs in
III mode) In fact, one of them still runs on a pair of turbo-Mod I's.
How this applies:

Z80 users - we've got "lots" of them. But at least a real interest. Not
only that - we have NEW software online. I know it, because I wrote some
of it. We are in process of making this software available on GEnie as
well, but it's there on the Club II now.

KERMIT - I got Kermit off the master distribution tape and have it up
and running on my Mod Is. It does not run perfectly. I got the copy that
is distributed in HEX format (a /cmd file) running only by modifying the
HEX => BIN program I had. I have all the sources and the like tho' and
you can download Kermit from the Club II as well.

CP/M - If you've got CP/M running I'd be interested in it! I have yet
more Mod I's coming (dont ask why, I'm about to get a unix workstation
too and I need paperweights...) and running Turbo Pascal is on the list.

You - would like to check it out? If nothing else, we have a publicly
accessible Mod I/III download section on a 30 Meg system, so files are a
plenty. If you need technical help, drop by the Club Lansing, or for
some software, stop by the Club II Detroit. The sys numbers are:

	The Club	(517) 372-3131	300/1200 (300 only on line #2)
	The Club II	(313) 334-8877	300/1200 fileserver

If anyone's interested, the program I just put out let's you rewrite
Newdos80's LIB. This has been discussed in an 80-Micro article once
before, but only as a sector-zap. The program CUSTOM DOS will actually
go out and re-layout all the LIB sectors, so your commands can change
size, have multiple labels (Like both KILL and ERASE) etc. The Club II
also supports and encourages the use of TRS LUNV and SQ/USQ (Librarian,
Squeeze and Unsqueeze) so CUSTOM DOS and other files are kept online in
a squeezed, library format.

Terry Conklin, Club Net Coordinator
..ihnp4!msudoc!conklin

harris@dg_rtp.UUCP (03/12/87)

In article <1229@msudoc.UUCP> conklin@msudoc.UUCP, conklin@mich-state.edu (Terry Conklin) writes:

>	The Club	(517) 372-3131	300/1200 (300 only on line #2)
>	The Club II	(313) 334-8877	300/1200 fileserver
>
>Terry Conklin, Club Net Coordinator
>..ihnp4!msudoc!conklin

Sounds great!  Do you happen to have any utilities such as *grep that compile
and work under PRO-MC?

Mark