[comp.sys.tandy] TERMCAP for Model 4 ?

glass@okstate.UUCP (05/31/87)

I would like to use a Model 4 occasionally as a terminal to a XENIX based
system. Does anybody have a TERMCAP entry which would let me use the 4
as a terminal?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Donnie Glass
glass@a.cs.okstate.edu

trevor@linc.cis.upenn.edu.UUCP (06/02/87)

Your best bet is to get the model 4 kermit/h19 emulator program
off of cu20b.columbia.edu via anonymous ftp. Get any files M4*/HEX, M4*/DOC
and the file M4BOO/BAS. Sources are available also. This will give you
a robust h19 terminal emulator as well as a kermit file transfer
pgm. I had been using a home made filter and termcap entry that had
direct addressing, but this is much more solid.

I believe there are other ways to get files off of cu20b (like uucp
and or dialing in directly), but I'm not sure how.

--trevor

jeffs@wjvax.UUCP (Jeffery Siou) (06/03/87)

In article <1270@super.upenn.edu.upenn.edu> trevor@linc.cis.upenn.edu.UUCP (Trevor Darrell) writes:

>Your best bet is to get the model 4 kermit/h19 emulator program
>off of cu20b.columbia.edu via anonymous ftp. Get any files M4*/HEX, M4*/DOC
>and the file M4BOO/BAS. Sources are available also. This will give you
>a robust h19 terminal emulator as well as a kermit file transfer
>pgm. I had been using a home made filter and termcap entry that had
>direct addressing, but this is much more solid.
>
>I believe there are other ways to get files off of cu20b (like uucp
>and or dialing in directly), but I'm not sure how.
>

>--trevor

     I too own a Model 4 and this seems very interesting. What I would like
to know is what is 'cu20b.columbia.edu via anonymous ftp'? Where is it and
how do I connect to it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

----

            Its not the size of the ship, its the size of the wave.

                                              Little Richard
--------
jeffery siou
...!{ ucbvax!decwrl!qubix, mordor!turtlevax, ames!amdahl!cerebus}!wjvax!jeffs

the above opinion's expressed are solely those of mine and is not at
all that of wj's or in any way related to wj's(they don't have one).

--

ttt@hal6000.UUCP (06/06/87)

>/* ---------- "TERMCAP for Model 4 ?" ---------- */
>I would like to use a Model 4 occasionally as a terminal to a XENIX based
>system. Does anybody have a TERMCAP entry which would let me use the 4
>as a terminal?
>Thanks in advance for any help,
>Donnie Glass
>glass@a.cs.okstate.edu

Model 4 DeskMate is supported thru dmterm on most Tandy Xenix systems.

This information is provided by an individual and is not necessarly what
my employer believes or would like for me to say.

...trsvax!hal6000!ttt
aka Terry Taylor