[comp.sys.tandy] Communication software for TRS80 Model I

robert@alberta.UUCP (Robert Baron) (07/09/87)

My brother has currently a TRS80 Model I with TRSDOS 2.3 (Yes it's still
working! Amazing!).  He also has a Radio Shack Modem II.  He has the
communication software named "terminal" which simply emulates a dump
terminal.  With this software he can't either upload or download files.

Obviously, it's no longer possible to buy software for the Model I from
Radio Shack.

Does anyone have a communication program that is capable of uploading
and downloading files?
He is willing to buy one (at reasonable price) from anyone if necessary.

Thanks.

rhealey@ub.D.UMN.EDU (Rob Healey) (07/14/87)

>My brother has currently a TRS80 Model I with TRSDOS 2.3 (Yes it's still
>working! Amazing!).  He also has a Radio Shack Modem II.  He has the
>communication software named "terminal" which simply emulates a dump
>terminal.  With this software he can't either upload or download files.
>
>Does anyone have a communication program that is capable of uploading
>and downloading files?

	Well, looks like it's about time I broke down and posted the
	binarys for kermit Model 1/3/4 and the h19 terminal emulator
	for model 4's. Should be available in this beloved news group
	by the end of the week. Summer session is finally over with,
	thank God, and so I have no more excuses.

			-Rob

			rhealey@ub.d.umn.edu

harris@xyzzy.UUCP (Mark Harris) (07/22/87)

In article <419@pembina.UUCP> robert@alberta.UUCP (Robert Baron) writes:

>Does anyone have a communication program that is capable of uploading
>and downloading files?
>He is willing to buy one (at reasonable price) from anyone if necessary.

Don't buy a package.  Several nice programs exist in the public domain.
Although I long ago quit using my model I, I do remember several
implementations of XMODEM.  Also, the KERMIT program that I used was pretty
solid except for a flawed VT52 emulator.  Look on Compuserve or GEnie
for these and other public domain packages.

Mark Harris