[comp.sys.tandy] CPM 2.2

wchao@topaz.rutgers.edu (William Chao) (09/17/87)

   I have heard that Montezuma's CPM is pretty good and I would like
to hear from people who actually have it.  I want to know what
I'm getting before I pluck down my hard-earned $169(college-student
budget).  Thanks.

William Chao
wchao@topaz.rutgers.edu

wchao@topaz.rutgers.edu.UUCP (09/18/87)

  I would also like to know if anyone have gotten files from
simtel20 using ftp and actually got some of the public-
domain cpm stuff to work without modifications.

William Chao
wchao@topaz.rutgers.edu

rhealey@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Rob Healey) (09/18/87)

In article <14796@topaz.rutgers.edu> wchao@topaz.rutgers.edu (William Chao) writes:
>   I have heard that Montezuma's CPM is pretty good and I would like
>to hear from people who actually have it.  I want to know what
>I'm getting before I pluck down my hard-earned $169(college-student
>budget).  Thanks.
>
>William Chao

	Buy it! I've used it for over a year and it's an excellent version
	of CP/M 2.2. It also allows access to ALOT of software. Well worth
	the $169.00 cost.

			-Rob Healey

			rhealey@ub.d.umn.edu

p.s.

	Hi Tom! try umn-d-ub.uucp if the above doesn't work.

rhealey@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Rob Healey) (09/19/87)

In article <14838@topaz.rutgers.edu> wchao@topaz.rutgers.edu (William Chao) writes:
>  I would also like to know if anyone have gotten files from
>simtel20 using ftp and actually got some of the public-
>domain cpm stuff to work without modifications.
>
>William Chao

	YUP! I've slurped up about 5Megs from simtel20 via anonymous ftp.
	Basic, pascal, small-c, xmodem, mex (terminal program), a GREAT
	visual editor called vde. The all required only minor, if any
	modifications. vde was the only one where I had to set up video
	codes, it was easy tho...

	I'd say get Monte's CP/M and have at it. There is a TON of CP/M
	software on simtel20 that will work on the model 4 running
	Monte's CP/M.

		-Rob

		rhealey@ub.d.umn.edu