[comp.sys.tandy] Setting the EGA border?

zeeff@b-tech.UUCP (Jon Zeeff) (10/08/87)

I know that it's possible to change the border (the area at the edges of the
screen, outside of where any text appears) color on the EGA.  Does anyone
have a code sequence that does this?

--
Jon Zeeff           		Branch Technology,
uunet!umix!b-tech!zeeff  	zeeff%b-tech.uucp@umix.cc.umich.edu

nev@edison.GE.COM (Niles VanDenburg) (10/16/87)

In article <3632@b-tech.UUCP>, zeeff@b-tech.UUCP (Jon Zeeff) writes:
> I know that it's possible to change the border (the area at the edges of the
> screen, outside of where any text appears) color on the EGA.  Does anyone
> have a code sequence that does this?
In theory there is a BBS at (212) 696-0360 for the PC Magazine's Interactive
Reader Service and in theory the programs that may set the EGA border
exist on this BBS but I have never been able to get on this BBS to confirm.
    In any case the software is fairly well documented (source etc) in
the article "Exploring The EGA, Part I" in PC Magizine's Aug 1986 issue
specifically on pages 378 through 384.  In summary it involves some simple
hacking on the EGA hardware registers and while I personally have not tried it
it looks fairly straight forward (but then again I'm a bit of a EGA hacker
also).
Niles