[comp.sys.tandy] Sale on Tandy 10 meg external drive and card

hank@well.UUCP (Hank Roberts) (10/16/87)

The SF papers have a big one week Tandy RS sale: a 10 meg external
drive for $200 down from $600, and a controller card for $80 down from $200.
Should I get one for my little brother's Tandy 1000?  Or should I wait
and get a hard card or something? Three nephews want more room for games.....

michael@ddsw1.UUCP (Michael Duebner) (10/18/87)

In article <4224@well.UUCP> hank@well.UUCP (Hank Roberts) writes:

>The SF papers have a big one week Tandy RS sale: a 10 meg external
>drive for $200 down from $600, and a controller card for $80 down from $200.
>Should I get one for my little brother's Tandy 1000?  Or should I wait
>and get a hard card or something? Three nephews want more room for games.....

Why spend $280 for a 10MB hard disk, when you can install a 20MB HD kit for
just about the same money.  You will have to relinquish one of your floppy
drives, but otherwise it is a near straight forward installation.

I have upgrades several T1Ks into fixed disk units.

--

Michael Duebner				UUCP : ...ihnp4!ddsw1!michael
           (Help is only a phone call away for members of AERA)