[comp.sys.tandy] Kermit for Trash-80 Model 2?

nessus@athena.mit.edu (Doug Alan) (12/11/87)

Hi.  My employers tell me that they have lots of text data on their
Trash-80 Model 2's that they would like to move to their micro-vaxen.
I told them that I don't know anything about Trash-80's, but that
wasn't enough to persuade them from assigning this task to me.  Does
anyone know where I might find a version of Kermit that works on a
Trash-80 Model 2?  These Trash-80's have 8-inch floppies.  Or if anyone
out there has such a thing and would be willing to send it to me on an
8-inch floppy, I'm sure I could scrape up a few bucks to cover your
floppy, postage, and time.  And I would be extremely grateful.

If you can help, please mail to me, as I don't usually read this
newsgroup.  Thanks!

|>oug /\lan
   nessus@athena.mit.edu
   nessus@mit-eddie.uucp

tech@auvax.UUCP (Richard Loken) (12/12/87)

I too could get some mileage out of Kermit for a TRASH 80 Model II if such
is available.  I have two OS choices: CP/M or TRashDOS if that helps make
it more available.

Excuse my ignorance, I have just inherited this machine and I know nothing
about computers that are small enough to carry.

     *********	    73
    **********	    Richard Loken VE6BSV
   .      ****
  ..      ****	    Athabasca University
 ....     ****	    Athabasca, Alberta Canada
..........****	    ihnp4!alberta!auvax

pete@wlbr.EATON.COM (Pete Lyall) (12/15/87)

In article <451@auvax.UUCP> tech@auvax.UUCP (Richard Loken) writes:

>I too could get some mileage out of Kermit for a TRASH 80 Model II if such
>is available.  I have two OS choices: CP/M or TRashDOS if that helps make
>it more available.
>
>Excuse my ignorance, I have just inherited this machine and I know nothing
>about computers that are small enough to carry.

** Flame on

Ignorance is correct. I don't know how you expect to entice people to
supply you with freebie support software by maligning their machines &
operating systems (of which you are also apparently an owner). Perhaps
a course in manners should precede your microcomputer training.

** Flame off

You can obatain KERMIT for *many* machines by contacting the folks at
Columbia University. They are effectively the caretakers of Kermit.
Their address is:

Kermit Distribution
Columbia University Center for Computing Activities
612 West 115th Street
New York, New York 10025

(212) 280-3703

Additionally, if you have FTP, you may rlogin and download it
yourself. There is also a moderated newsgroup here on the net that
supports Kermit, and related questions.

--
Pete Lyall (OS9 Users Group V.P.)             Eaton Corporation (818)-706-5693
Compuserve: 76703,4230 (OS9 Sysop) OS9 (home): (805)-985-0632 (24hr./1200 baud)

dpz@athos.rutgers.edu (David P. Zimmerman) (12/15/87)

In article <451@auvax.UUCP> tech@auvax.UUCP (Richard Loken) writes:

> Excuse my ignorance, I have just inherited this machine and I know nothing
> about computers that are small enough to carry.

Hee hee, I never really thought of my Models 12 or 16 as small enough
to carry...  maybe to heave, drag, or lug, but to carry?  Radical....

						dpz
--
(dbx) whatis dpz
union {     internet *(dpz@rutgers.edu);