[comp.sys.tandy] Help hemory upgrade to the Model 100?

friedl@vsi.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl) (04/23/88)

Hi tandy.kind.of.people,

     Does anybody know of quick-and-dirty ways to upgrade
the memory in a Tandy Model 100 laptop?  My brother has a
couple of these things lying around unused, and we would like
to give them to (another still) younger brother, but the
RAM is pretty low.  Do we have to go to Radio Shack for it?

     Please respond via email, as my machine doesn't get
this group.  Thanks to all...

     Steve

--
Steve Friedl      V-Systems, Inc.    Gene Spafford for President!
friedl@vsi.com   {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl

tedk@ihuxv.ATT.COM (Kekatos) (04/26/88)

In article <600@vsi.UUCP> friedl@vsi.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
>Hi tandy.kind.of.people,
>     Does anybody know of quick-and-dirty ways to upgrade
>the memory in a Tandy Model 100 laptop?  My brother has a
>couple of these things lying around unused, and we would like
>to give them to (another still) younger brother, but the
>RAM is pretty low.  Do we have to go to Radio Shack for it?
>     Steve

There are several other companies that sell memory for the M100. All
of them are alot cheaper that RADIO-SHACK.  I don't have any of the
ads in front of me. I would suggest that you go to a large book/magazine
store and buy all the latest TRS-80 magazines. There is also a few
magazines for lap-tops and portables. There is a BBS for Model 100.
The phone number for the BBS is (415)939-1246.

Ted G. Kekatos
backbone!ihnp4!ihuxv!tedk                     (312) 979-0804
AT&T Bell Laboratories, Indian Hill South, IX-1F-460
Naperville & Wheaton Roads - Naperville, Illinois. 60566 USA

Watt@cup.portal.com (04/28/88)

For memory and other upgrades for the M100 try the following:

Portable Computer Support Group
    11035 Harry Hines, Blvd., Suite 206
    Dallas, TX 75229    1-214-351-0564

Purple Computing
    420 Constitution Ave.
    Camarillo, CA 93010   1-800-732-5012 (8am - 5pm PST)
      8K memory module....$19 each for M100, $9.95 each for M102

Traveling Software
    North Creek Corporate Center
    19310 North Creek Parkway
    Bothell, Washington 98011    1-800-343-8080
      Standard memory upgrades as well as programs in ROM chips,
      including something called Booster Pak which comes standard with
      128K of RAM, 64K of ROM software, 16 sockets for 32K RAM and/or ROM
      software chips, 2 Tandy Molex ROM sockets, XMODEM file transfer, etc.
      for $429, and is upgradeable to a total of 2 meg. of RAM and ROM.

    SoundSight MBM Inc.
      225 West Broadway, Suite 509
      Glendale, CA 91204    213-463-9457 or 818-240-8400
        A product called the Soundsight Gold Card the size of a credit card
        with as little as 128K per card up to 1MB per card with a 2MB card
        available this year. An option allows for loading and running multiple
        ROMs from the Gold Card. Prices are; 128K for $399.95, 256K for $549.95
        and 512K for $749.95.  Additional slots piggyback to allow 10MB or more

There's also a magazine specializing in the M100/102 called, logically,
Portable 100 magazine. One year's subscription, 12 issues, is $24.97.
Their address is;
     Portable 100
     Portable Computing International Corp.
     P.O. Box 428
     Peterborough, NH 03458    1-603-924-7949.

Portable Computing International Corp. also publishes a magazine for all
kinds of portables from MS-DOS to M100 and then some called PICO.

I hope this information gives you a jumping off point.

gary_t_trindl@cup.portal.com
           or
sun!portal!cup.portal.com!gary_t_trindl