[comp.sys.tandy] Kermit

brmorrow@uokmax.UUCP (Brett Morrow) (09/26/88)

I need kermit for a Model 4p (in model 4) mode.  Can anyone
tell me of a place to ftp this from.  Any help would be
appreciated.

                    Brett Morrow
                    aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu

w8sdz@smoke.ARPA (Keith B. Petersen ) (09/28/88)

Kermit files may be obtained over networks and by mail order.  On
the Internet, use FTP to log in to host CUNIXC.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU,
a VAX 8700 running UNIX (Ultrix), IP host number is 128.59.40.130.
Login as user ANONYMOUS (any password) and GET the desired files.
The Kermit files are in directories kermit/a, kermit/b, kermit/c,
kermit/d, and kermit/e.  You can also get Kermit files over BITNET/EARN;
to get started send a message with text HELP to KERMSRV, the Kermit
file server, at host CUVMA.  For detailed instructions, read the file
k1/aanetw.hlp (AANETW HLP on KERMSRV).  To order by mail, request a
complete list of Kermit versions and an order form from Kermit
Distribution, Columbia University Center for Computing Activities,
612 West 115th Street, New York, NY 10025 USA.

--
--Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the CP/M and MSDOS archives at SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [26.0.0.74]

mikej@cpmain.UUCP (Michael R. Johnston) (10/05/88)

In article <8582@smoke.ARPA> w8sdz@brl.arpa (Keith B. Petersen (WSMR|towson) <w8sdz>) writes:
>Kermit files may be obtained over networks and by mail order.  On
> You can also get Kermit files over BITNET/EARN;
>to get started send a message with text HELP to KERMSRV, the Kermit
>file server, at host CUVMA.  For detailed instructions, read the file
>k1/aanetw.hlp (AANETW HLP on KERMSRV).  To order by mail, request a

For some reason I have not been able to contact the Kermit Server at
CUVMA for weeks. Have they changed their address? Has anyone else
had the same lack of response?

--
                Michael R. Johnston - @NET: mikej@cpmain.uucp
...{cmcl2!phri!,uunet!}dasys1!cpmain!mikej || ...philabs!mergvax!cpmain!mikej