[comp.sys.tandy] Un-arc'ing TRSLNK

car@pte.UUCP (Chris Rende) (10/19/88)

I'm a Model I user who would like to be able to un-arc the TRSLNK postings.
How do I do this? I do have access to a Model III and could use
it to un-arc the postings if need be. Does anyone have Model I or Model III
programs to un-arc TRSLNK? If not, does anyone have the source code that
works on another computer?

Also, are "back issues" of TRSLNK available? I have TRSLNK 10 to present.

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende         Multics,DTSS,Shortwave,Scanners,StarTrek
uunet!edsews!rphroy!pte!car  TRS-80 Model I: Buy Sell Trade

pa1044@sdcc15.UUCP (pa1044) (10/21/88)

In article <299@pte.UUCP> car@pte.UUCP (Chris Rende) writes:
>Does anyone have Model I or Model III
>programs to un-arc TRSLNK?

There is a program out circulating the boards known as ARC31, which
will both create and undo ARChive's, including TRSLINK's.  The
biggest problem with it is that it will require a lot of disk space
to undo an ARChive as great in length as TRSLINK.  The TRSLINK file
is structured so that it will just barely de-ARC on a minimum system
disk on a two-drive SSDD system.  If you have more space than this
(either a hard drive or larger floppies or at least three floppy
SSDD drives), it will work much better.

I don't know of any ftp sites for ARC31, but you can get it from
almost any TRS-80 BBS, commercial system supporting TRS-80's, or PD
mail-ordering system supporting TRS-80's (check the File Cabinet ads
in the TRSLINKs you have).

>Also, are "back issues" of TRSLNK available? I have TRSLNK 10 to present.

Again, I don't know of any ftp sites.  You *might* find some earlier
in this newsgroup if your site has messages dating back that far.
You can certainly get all back issues from the editor's BBS (see
TRSLINK again), and there are other places advertising back issues
as well.

--
John C. Fowler, pa1044@iugrad2.UCSD.EDU
(If you can remember that, good for you!)

laverman@prismab.prl.philips.nl (Bert Laverman) (10/21/88)

> I'm a Model I user who would like to be able to un-arc the TRSLNK postings.
> How do I do this? I do have access to a Model III and could use
> it to un-arc the postings if need be. Does anyone have Model I or Model III
> programs to un-arc TRSLNK? If not, does anyone have the source code that
> works on another computer?

Precisely my feelings/frustrations.
Actually, I have an Atari-ST as well, but the only Archiving utility I have
says the archives (I retrieved more from the net) are corrupted. And even if
does declare the archive as acceptable, the resultsing executebles are some-
times unusable!

I would be very much interested in a TRS-80 (M3/4) Archiver. Any C
source is acceptable, as long as it correctly handles the archiving
method used for the net. (I have the Misosys C Compiler (Full C!!))
Assembly is also ok.

If no TRS-80 (m3/4) program exists, and somebody sends me the source
of some other version, I will adapt it, and post the result.

	Bert Laverman
	laverman@prismab.prl.philips.nl

#include <disclaimer.h>