[comp.sys.tandy] Installing 5.25 floppy in LT1400

tremblay@cg-atla.UUCP (Ken Tremblay) (12/29/88)

    I am trying to install a 5.25" floppy in a tandy 1400 lap top.
  There is a 37 pin connector on the LT for this purpose.  But the
  floppy has a 34 pin connector.  Has anybody made this connection
  before ?  And what are the pin to pin connections ?

--
         Compugraphic               cg-atla!tremblay
         200 Ballardvale

tbear@ozdaltx.UUCP (Brad Pruden - General Dynamics Corporation, Ft. Worth, Tx.) (01/04/89)

The connections are pretty standard, the only diffeance is that tandy
supplies the power to the drive throught the control calbe itself.
With tandy's unique internal archecture, I would suggest splurging
and buying the external 5.25" drive dirct from tandy.  It could save
you a nice size repair bill if you should  accidently miss connect
something.

                       tbear --- @ Oz bbs

root@gsy1.UUCP (Scott Yates N4BBB) (01/18/89)

In article <5340@ozdaltx.UUCP>, tbear@ozdaltx.UUCP (Brad Pruden - General Dynamics Corporation, Ft. Worth, Tx.) writes:

> and buying the external 5.25" drive dirct from tandy.  It could save
> you a nice size repair bill if you should  accidently miss connect
> something.

I recently had an opportunity to be inside a 1400 LT installing a
harddisk.....It's seems to be a 100% Citizen product (drives, main
board, everything). I suggest you also look at accessories made
by and for Citizen Laptops (if available). Hope this is of help.

--
Scott Yates, N4BBB    o    o    DOMAIN: gsy@gsy1.UUCP  ||  gsy@raider.UUCP
Yates Pest Control     \  /     UUCP: ...!{ames,rutgers}!killer!mjbtn!gsy1!gsy