[comp.sys.tandy] Flaming Tandy

gmadison@pnet02.cts.com (George Madison) (04/14/89)

japplega@csm9a.UUCP (Joe Applegate) writes:

>In our users group alone their were 10 people with Digi-Mice on their Tandy
>1000 or 1000A... and they are perhaps the most vocally opposed to Tandy...
>What I want to know is that once Tandy has suceeded in totally alienated
>their user base what will they do next?  It's so easy to say... ok here is
>the source for the mouse, if you can fix the bugs fine... after all they
>don't sell the thing anymore... and in one conversation I had with Fast
>Eddy Juge, he denied they ever sold it!
>
>Of course they could offer a mother board to upgrade the 1000 to an SX or
>SL also... but why please customers when you can SELL... SELL... SELL...

This is ridiculous.  If Tandy's customer support were as bad as Mr. Applegate
would have you think, they wouldn't be the #1 retailer of MS-DOS systems.

Mr. Applegate, think for a moment (if you can) what would happen if things
REALLY were as bad with Tandy as you seem to think they are.  Eventually, all
the major REPUTABLE magazines would be flaming their behinds, and their sales
would go down the tubes.  In reality, Tandy has been at the top of the heap
for the past several years -- guess what that does to your hysterical
protestations?

|George Madison, a/k/a George The Bear Cub, a/k/a Furr     ** BEAR POWER **|
|INET: gmadison@pnet02.cts.com   8-{)>   ames!elroy!pnet02.cts.com!gmadison|
|GEnie: GEORGE.M     Arctophiles & Barbophiles Unite!     PLink: BEARDLOVER|

"We can't afford to be innocent; stand up and face the enemy.
 It's a do or die situation -- we will be Invincible.
 And with the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice.
 It's a do or die situation -- we will be Invincible."
                                           ---- "Invincible" by Pat Benatar