[comp.sys.tandy] Alternative OS's for AT Class machi

earl@trsvax.UUCP (05/03/89)

/* ---------- "Alternative OS's for AT Class machi" ---------- */
Recently I was asked by a friend that has an AT Class machine (CompuAdd 12MHz,  1 MEG of RAM, 60 Meg hard drive) if I knew of any other OS's for his machine. I probed and asked what types he had in mind. He said something like U*IX but at  the time he doesn't want to learn that many more commands. He asked if I had    ever heard of PCNX by Wendin Systems. I said yes but didn't know that much aboutit. My question to the net is does anyone have any information re:PCNX, either  good or bad. Please email respo

nses to me and if there is enough interest I willpost a summary to the net.
Thanks in advance.
Randy.

     If my memory serves me correctly, you can also find:

     MP/M
     CPM/86
     Concurrent CP/M-86
     IDRIS
     XENIX  (SCO)
     XENIX  (TANDY via Microsoft)
     XENIX  (INTEL)
       (Intel also has their own Development DOS [ICE] too)
     MS-DOS  -- PC-DOS
     OS/2
     MINIX
     OS-9/8086
     UNIFLEX (8086)

<This information is provided by an individual and is not nor should be
 construed  as  being  provided  by  Radio  Shack or Tandy Corp.  Radio
 Shack/Tandy Corp has no obligation to support the information provided
 in  any way. >

						Earl W. Bollinger
						@ <trsvax!earl>

"You were in the Clone Wars!", said Luke excitedly.
"Yes", replied Obi Wan, "I was a DOS programmer. But that was before the dark
 times, before OS2."

pete@wlbr.EATON.COM (Pete Lyall) (05/06/89)

In article <193300130@trsvax> earl@trsvax.UUCP writes:
>/* ---------- "Alternative OS's for AT Class machi" ---------- */
>     If my memory serves me correctly, you can also find:
      [other OS's deleted]
>     OS-9/8086
>     UNIFLEX (8086)

Hmmmm. You must know someting about os9 that I don't. I've been the
Forum Sysop on CIS's OS9 Forum for around 4 years, and am the outgoing
V.P. of the International OS9 Users Group. To my knowledge, OS9 was
never available for the 8088, 8086, 8018*, or 8028*. There have been
some rumblings about a 80386 version of OS9, but you folks at Tandy
are supposed to be keeping that a secret! ;^}

Pete

P.S. Never heard anything about TSC doing an Intel'ish port either,
but then I don't track TSC as closely.

--
Pete Lyall                                           Contel Corp.(818) 706-5693
Compuserve: 76703,4230 (OS9 Sysop)  OS9_Net: (805)-985-0632 (24hr 300/1200/2400)