[comp.sys.tandy] Need Hard Disk Drive for Tandy 1000bb

mmlk@ihlpm.ATT.COM (Margo Kubiak) (06/03/89)

My brother recently bought a used tandy 1000 and would
like to buy a hard disk drive for it, but does not want
to pay Radio Shack prices.

Anyone know where he can buy one thats not too expensive?

Anyone have a used working one he can buy thats not too expensive?

Does not have to be very large 10 or 20 Meg would be plenty.
He would also need the contoller to go with it.

Thanks for any info you can send me on this.

Thanks Again!!

				Margo Kubiak
	=======			AT&T Bell Labs
      =----======		..!ihlpm!mmlk
     =------======		The more you know, the more you know
     ==----=======		how much you really don't know.
      ===========		The opinions expressed are mine and
	=======			and mine alone and not a reflection
				on my employer.

vskahan@lgnp1.LS.COM (Vince Skahan) (06/05/89)

In article <3611@ihlpm.ATT.COM> mmlk@ihlpm.ATT.COM (Margo Kubiak) writes:

>My brother recently bought a used tandy 1000 and would
>like to buy a hard disk drive for it, but does not want
>to pay Radio Shack prices.
>
>Anyone know where he can buy one thats not too expensive?

Tandy's 20 MB card is on sale now for 399 and the 40 MB card is 599.

That's still a bit more than third party stuff by mail order (about 399
for 30 MB...not 20 MB) but not too bad.

For more details in 3rd party drives, etc...get a copy of PCM magazine
and check out the adds...a friend bought a 3rd party drive from a place
in Ohio and it was just fine...
--
Vince Skahan - please reply to skahan@boeing.com or bcsaic!psev!bcs212

Note: any comments expressed above are mine and have no relation to
Boeing or the real nice folks who let me read news on their system...