[comp.sys.tandy] TRS-80 Mod-II "kermit"

netnews@psc90.UUCP (Remote mail paths) (06/10/89)

Does anyone use the TRS-80 Model - II, version 1.2 kermit? I just
received a copy of it, but as usual there isn't any documentation
for it. I tried hacking at it, but it is quite different from
MS-dos kermit. Also, does anyone use the "INTREX" BBS? That is the
National 2->6000 Forum. Are the worth the long distance call across
the country?

Thanks,

Deryk

  \      ...Deryk C. Marien                                            /
   \     .  Plymouth State College, Computer Services                 /
    >----.  Plymouth, NH  03264 -------------------------------------<
   /     .  UUCP: !uunet!unh!psc90!netnews or !dartvax!psc90!netnews  \
  /.........BITNET: D_MARIEN@UNHH...COMPUSERVE (72701,2200)............\

arg@netcom.UUCP (Greg Argendeli) (06/12/89)

In article <929@psc90.UUCP>, netnews@psc90.UUCP (Remote mail paths) writes:
> Does anyone use the TRS-80 Model - II, version 1.2 kermit? I just
> received a copy of it, but as usual there isn't any documentation
> for it. I tried hacking at it, but it is quite different from
> MS-dos kermit. Also, does anyone use the "INTREX" BBS? That is the
> National 2->6000 Forum. Are the worth the long distance call across
> the country?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Deryk

If you mean the TRS-BASIC version of INTREX, yes, I have used it (for about
10 minutes).  The version I had was only halfway written, and used rather a bit
of 'cludged' code.  It also does not allow variable baud-rates.  Your probably
better off running SJASBBS version 1.4
whenever it is available and bug free..... :)

*Greg Argendeli                   | Available in one of these fine flavors! *
*Technical Resource Coordinator;  | dlb!netcom!arg      netcom!nusjecs!arg  *
*National University, San Jose, CA| nusecs!nusjarg!arg  nusdecs!nusjecs!arg *
*My employeer knows not of what I speak, and has no relation to these words *