[comp.sys.tandy] A new Tandy Laptop?

durham@cme.nbs.gov (James H. Durham) (07/13/89)

Since it appears that Tandy has cancelled the 1400LT and is moving on,
does anyone here know whether or not there are any plans to bring out
a new system, or cancel the laptop idea permanently.  Since Tandy has
been in the "Laptop" market longer than Toshiba, the latter seems
highly unlikely.  Any info?

Disclaimer:
          ___ _____
|\   | | |      |    The opinions  presented in this posting present in no
| \  | | |___   |    way the views of the National  Institute of Standards
|  \ | |     |  |    and  Technology, the U. S. Gov't,  the President, the
|   \| |  ___|  |    Vice President, the Secretary of State, etc., but are
_________________    the sole reflections of this lone programmer.

reyn@trsvax.UUCP (07/14/89)

Tandy has already publicly announced that it will be manufacturing laptops
in beautiful Ft. Worth for itself and Matsushita (that's pronounced
Panasonic).

chaz@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Charles D Lembach) (07/15/89)

From article <1357@manta.cme.nbs.gov>, by durham@cme.nbs.gov (James H. Durham):
> Since it appears that Tandy has cancelled the 1400LT and is moving on,
> does anyone here know whether or not there are any plans to bring out
> a new system, or cancel the laptop idea permanently.  Since Tandy has
> been in the "Laptop" market longer than Toshiba, the latter seems
> highly unlikely.  Any info?

 I have heard that that they plan on releasing a similar laptop that
is pretty much the same the the old one. It will probally will be 286
based (not positive), and weighs 1.5 pounds less. Other than that,
there will be no other difference.

Regards,
--
			  Charles D. Lembach
		  University of Wisconsin -Milwaukee

root@gsy1.UUCP (Scott Yates N4BBB) (07/17/89)

In article <1357@manta.cme.nbs.gov>, durham@cme.nbs.gov (James H. Durham) writes:
> Since it appears that Tandy has cancelled the 1400LT and is moving on,
> does anyone here know whether or not there are any plans to bring out
> a new system, or cancel the laptop idea permanently.  Since Tandy has
> been in the "Laptop" market longer than Toshiba, the latter seems
> highly unlikely.  Any info?

Look for 2 new Models, the Tandy 1400 FD and the 1400 HD. Their
names seem to indicate a 2 fd and a harddisk version. The prices, especially
for the HD version, will be very competitve.

Standard Disclainer applies.....

--
Scott Yates, N4BBB    o    o   DOMAIN: gsy@gsy1.UUCP  ||  gsy@raider.UUCP
Yates Pest Control     \  /    UUCP: ...!{ames,rutgers}!killer!mjbtn!gsy1!gsy

hydrox@itsgw.rpi.edu (Michael A. Hendrix) (07/21/89)

Hi there. I am new to the net and I'm looking for some information.  I recently
purchased a Tandy 1400LT.  I am trying to get some communication programs
to work with it but am not having any success.  Does anyone out there
in Netland happen to own one of these and am willing to swap some information
on what will and won't work on it?????

Any help would be appreciated.

"Who said life was fair......I sure as heck did not!!!!!"
hydrox@hope.its.rpi.edu                               Bitnet:F7TZ@RPITSMTS
Michael Hendrix