[comp.sys.tandy] Yet another query on the 3.2 Tandy 6000 DS

root@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) (08/06/89)

Well, every 6 months or so, I or someone else will ask about the ever
impending release (so to speak) of the Tandy 6000 3.2 Xenix Development
System.  Some people out there seem to have gotten their hands on it.
Others have come close to.  I have done neither.  My biggest need for
getting it (before Tandy lets it drop off the face of the Earth) is to
be able to compile programs with identifiers and #define names with
signifigance greater than the current 3.1 DS's 6 characters.  There are
other needs too, like a compiler to support the MMU (not sure), and
other additions and improvements.

Please, if anyone reading (Tandy maybe?) can tell me what is going
on with it, and how I might get my hands on a copy (with manuals :-) )
I would really like to hear from you either here or via email.  I would
also like to know what other back room stuff Tandy has been doing with
it (xenix - system V I heard someone mention ???).  I  realize fully
that its time has come and gone and that Tandy is to be expected to
allow the system to fade into the pages of unix pioneering history,
but if the 3.2 DS works and can be gotten, it would at least allow
me to beef up the system with some of the newer net software until
the system gives out.  I know about hash8 and police, but I would rather
get the DS if possible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Mark.
--
Mark J. Bailey                                    "Ya'll com bak naw, ya hear!"
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37129 ___________________________

mikes@nc386.uucp (Mike Squires) (08/12/89)

In article <498@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US> root@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) writes:
>Well, every 6 months or so, I or someone else will ask about the ever
>impending release (so to speak) of the Tandy 6000 3.2 Xenix Development
>System.  Some people out there seem to have gotten their hands on it.

I just ordered it from my local Computer Center, $249.00 (3.0 to 3.2
upgrade).