[comp.sys.tandy] Print buffer & double linefeeds

japplega@csm9a.UUCP (Joe Applegate) (10/14/89)

In article <38277@wlbr.IMSD.CONTEL.COM>, pete@wlbr.IMSD.CONTEL.COM (Pete Lyall) writes:
> I recently sold a Tandy PT-64 printer buffer to a fellow who has an
> Amiga and an IBM (I had been using it on a 6809 based SS-50 machine).
> He seems to be having problems with his printer getting double
> linefeeds. He says that he has setup the print buffer in 'transparent
> mode' (no ESC sequence interpretation by the buffer) and still has a
> problem.
>
> Is there anything in the interface cable (or elsewhere in the setup
> that he could check)?

I don't know about that specific unit but when I bought a Tandy 2-printer
switchbox I had to cover pin 38 on the output side... even though I had
covered it on the input I found that somehow the Tandy circutry reinserted
the hardware line-feed...

I always attributed it to Tandy's effort to force you to buy only Tandy
peripherals by forcing Tandy standards on everything....

			   - Joe Applegate -

    ======================STANDARD DISCLAIMER============================
     All views and opinions are my own and do not represent the views or
     opinions of the Colorado School of Mines, whatever they might be.

stevem@sauron.Columbia.NCR.COM (Steve McClure) (10/16/89)

In article <38277@wlbr.IMSD.CONTEL.COM> pete@wlbr.IMSD.CONTEL.COM (Pete Lyall) writes:
>Amiga and an IBM (I had been using it on a 6809 based SS-50 machine).
>He seems to be having problems with his printer getting double linefeeds.

>Is there anything in the interface cable (or elsewhere in the setup
>that he could check)?

Yes, take pin 14 out of the cable, or just tape over it, and he should be
home free.

Steve

The above are my opinions, which NCR doesn't really care about anyway!

CAUSER's Amiga BBS! | 803-796-3127 | 8pm-8am 8n1 | 300/1200/2400