[comp.sys.tandy] 1400LT HARD DRIVE

gvrigole@lily.waterloo.edu (10/04/89)

Several months ago, I purchased a Tandy 1400LT PC compatible Portable.  At
that time, Radio Shack offered a 20MB hard disk for this machine.  However,
the drive has a very limited storage capacity, and is very expensive (typical
of Radio Shack).  I would prefer to purchase a third-party drive from someone
else.

I have heard rumors about a 40MB hard drive offered by a company somewhere
un the U.S.  Has anyone heard of this drive, or any other hard disk drives
available for the Tandy 1400LT Portable. Any help in locating hard drives
for this machine would be much appreciated.

Perhaps there are enough users out there to warrant posting answers to this
enquiry to the newsgroup, or if not, mail replies to:

    Greg V. Rigole      St. Paul's United College
                        University of Waterloo, Canada, N2L 3G5

                        gvrigole@lily.waterloo.edu
                                              .cdn
                                              .csnet

hydrox@itsgw.rpi.edu (Michael A. Hendrix) (10/06/89)

In <40@lily.waterloo.edu> gvrigole@lily.waterloo.edu writes:

>Several months ago, I purchased a Tandy 1400LT PC compatible Portable.  At
>that time, Radio Shack offered a 20MB hard disk for this machine.  However,
>the drive has a very limited storage capacity, and is very expensive (typical
>of Radio Shack).  I would prefer to purchase a third-party drive from someone
>else.
>
>I have heard rumors about a 40MB hard drive offered by a company somewhere
>un the U.S.  Has anyone heard of this drive, or any other hard disk drives
>available for the Tandy 1400LT Portable. Any help in locating hard drives
>for this machine would be much appreciated.
>
>Perhaps there are enough users out there to warrant posting answers to this
>enquiry to the newsgroup, or if not, mail replies to:

I would be interested in any info on this subject also........

  "Who said that life was fair...  |     Michael_Hendrix@mts.rpi.edu
     I sure as heck did not!!!!"   |        BITNET: F7TZ@RPITSMTS

dlerickson@violet.waterloo.edu (Doreen Erickson) (10/07/89)

Me too! dlerickson@violet.waterloo.edu

rlk@telesoft.com (Bob Kitzberger @sation) (11/09/89)

In article <89310.213428JWM7@PSUVM.BITNET>, JWM7@PSUVM.BITNET writes:

>    Anyone with any info on any other hardrive for the 1400LT
>    please respond and let me know how/where/how much/from who

This is a recurring request on this notesgroup, as yet unanswered.

I've compiled a list of vendors for that day when I have an extra couple
hundred to throw at my laptop.  I haven't called the following folks yet.
Have at it.  Let us know what you find out?

	.Bob.

                           Hard Drives for the 1400LT
			   --------------------------

Computer Options Unlimited		20M internal
201-469-7678				$???

Perry Computing				CMS 20M internal
800-248-3823				$775

Computer Plus				20M internal
800-343-8124				$799

D.C. Drives				20M internal
800-872-6007				$729
713-333-9602				1 yr. warranty

DCS Industries				CMS 20M internal
800-537-3539				$789

--
Bob Kitzberger                  Internet : rlk@telesoft.com
TeleSoft AB                     uucp :     ...!ucsd.ucsd.edu!telesoft!rlk

"Now with improved warhead!"   -- Bofors Industries ad, Oct 23 _Defense News_
Subject: Re: 1400LT HARD DRIVE
Newsgroups: comp.sys.tandy