[comp.sys.tandy] Model 100 Rom listings

ferris@tcville.HAC.COM (Mark Ferris) (10/19/89)

I have a disassembler for the Model 100 that I used to dump out, and
then print the entire ROM code.  I have done this purely out
of curiousity, and also hoping to find neato routines that I could
use.  However, it takes quite a while to determine what a given
routine does, and I don't really know where to start.

So . . . Does a commented source code listing exist (somebody else
must have done this before)?  Failing that, how about a list of
entry points for useful, interesting routines.  How about where
the application programs begin, etc, etc.

IS there a published memory map for the RAM?

Thank you for any pointers and help you can give.

--
Mark Ferris				smart:	ferris@tcville.edsg.hac.com
Image and Signal Processing Lab		dumb:	ferris%tcville@hac2arpa.hac.com

leonard@bucket.UUCP (Leonard Erickson) (10/20/89)

There are various books that document some of the RAM and ROM
addresses in the 100, 102 and 200. A good starting point would be
to buy a copy of the Model 100 Technical Reference Manual.
The catalog number was 26-3810. I donn't think they are still available
but you ought to be able to find one somewhere.
--
Leonard Erickson		...!tektronix!reed!percival!bucket!leonard
CIS: [70465,203]

oster@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (David Phillip Oster) (10/20/89)

In article <287@tcville.HAC.COM> ferris@tcville.UUCP () writes:
>So . . . Does a commented source code listing exist (somebody else
>must have done this before)?

A complete guide to everything you want, a location by location
description of the hardware and all the routines is contained in a book
entitled:

"Inside the Model 100"  Unfortunately, I can't tell you any more than
that. My copy is not where it should be on its shelf.  We had a small
earthquake here a few days ago, and that bookshelf was one of the
victims.

oster@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (David Phillip Oster) (10/22/89)

The "TRS-80 Model 100 Tech Reference Manual" is a piece of trash compared
to "Inside the Model 100". I own them both. The tech manual has circuit
diagrams, and a very few routine names, addresses, and calling sequences.

Inside the Model 100 has detailed descriptions of the hardware, and a
line-by-line documentation of the ROM. My copy is still missing, so I
can't give you ordering info.

I wrote a nifty program for the Model 100: On a Macintosh, my program
duplicates the Finder's desktop, except for an additional window that is a
bit for bit copy of the Model 100's display. To move a file from the 100
to the mac, just drag its name into a mac folder and drop it. It turns
into a mac text file complete with icon. You can drag text files from the
mac to the Model 100 the same way. To rename a model 100 file, you just
click on the picture of the name and type a new one. Unfortunately, you
can't buy it. It is tied up in contractual problems.

a553@mindlink.UUCP (Paul Rochon) (10/24/89)

I would be very interested in that program as I am currently using my model 100
to input text which I am later sending to my amiga (which I use under a mac
emulator). I use macs at work so I run an emulator on my amiga. I would also
like to know where I can purchase a ram expansion module for my model 100 is
you could give me any numbers of ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Paul.

news@udenva.cair.du.edu (netnews) (11/14/89)

Traveling Software carries "Inside the Model 100" by Carl Oppedahl.
Call them at 1-800-343-8080.

ameyer@nsscb.UUCP (Andy Meyer) (11/16/89)

In article <12439@udenva.cair.du.edu> bdahlen@zephyr.cair.du.edu (Robert L. Dahlen @ U. of Denver USA=) writes:
> Traveling Software carries "Inside the Model 100" by Carl Oppedahl.
> Call them at 1-800-343-8080.

No, don't. I just got off the phone with them, and was told that
while they do have some copies of "Exploring the Model 100" (by
another author), "Inside the Model" is now OUT OF STOCK.
--
 Andreas Meyer N2FYE                 AT&T National Systems Support Center
 uucp: ..!sunybcs!nsscb!ameyer  or:  ameyer%nsscb@sunybcs.cs.buffalo.edu