[comp.sys.tandy] Mod 4 compiler

Kevin.Parris@p5.f12.n376.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Kevin Parris) (11/28/89)

 >From: haroldt@yunexus.yunexus (Harold Tomlinson)
 >Date: 23 Nov 89 15:14:55 GMT
 >
 >  Does anyone have an operational copy of a compiler (any language) for
 >a TRS-80 Model IV????  I'd love to get my hands on it.  I want to use
 >my m4 as a dedicated printer buffer, but I can't seem to access the
 >screen in assembler and I've no compiler.  I'm open to any language but
 >for this application would prefer either assembler or cobol.

MISOSYS, Inc. offers two assemblers, a BASIC compiler, a C compiler, and even a FORTH implementation for the TRS-80 I/III/4 line.  I use their MRAS assembler, which has macro processing and generates relocatable code.  If you are working in 'native mode' on the Model 4, the "screen contents" is not normally accessible either for direct reading or writing, since the video driver memory area is outside the normal memory map; changing languages is not likely to influence this issue.  If you boot a Model III o

perating system, then the machine switches modes to become like a Model III machine; in this setup, then the video memory is part of the base 64K memory map (but is now only 22*64 characters, rather than 24*80).

What computer/printer combination do you want it to buffer between?

You can contact MISOSYS 1pm-5pm Eastern time at:800-MIS-OSYS

   Kevin

Kevin Parris == ...!usceast!uscacm!12.5!Kevin.Parris