[comp.sys.tandy] Need: 5-1/4 floppy cable wiring

gmb@occrsh.ATT.COM (11/22/89)

Add-on 5-1/4 floppy request:

Does anyone know the cable wiring for adding a standard 360K floppy
drive to a Tandy 1000.  The floppy drive has the separate power and
data/control connector, but the Tandy has just one ribbon cable running
to their overpriced ($250) add-on 5-1/4 floppy drive.

Gary Brammer
AT&T Network Systems - OKC

joefritz@pawl.rpi.edu (Jochen M. Fritz) (11/29/89)

In <141800001@occrsh.ATT.COM> gmb@occrsh.ATT.COM writes:

>Add-on 5-1/4 floppy request:
>
>Does anyone know the cable wiring for adding a standard 360K floppy
>drive to a Tandy 1000.  The floppy drive has the separate power and
>data/control connector, but the Tandy has just one ribbon cable running
>to their overpriced ($250) add-on 5-1/4 floppy drive.
>
>Gary Brammer
>AT&T Network Systems - OKC

I just want to warn you, that the Tandy 1000 has a puny power supply, so
be very careful about add-ons (especially if they have motors)

                        life:   Joe Fritz
                        internet: joefritz@pawl.rpi.edu
                        bitnet:  gk2s@rpitsmts
If all else fails, be more general.