[comp.sys.tandy] 6000/16 floppy drives

mikes@NCoast.ORG (Mike Squires) (12/01/89)

In article <1386@ucf-cs.UCF.EDU> wordproc@ucf-cs.UCF.EDU (wordproc) writes:

>I have a Model 16 with the two Thinline 1.2MB 8" drives.
>
>Any of these parts *have* to come from Radio Shack?

The drives are standard Tandon 848-2 or -2E drives.  I used a Shugart 860 as
a secondary running off the floppy drive connector for a while, no problem
(except that it wouldn't write boot tracks).  A message about using 5 1/4"
1.2MB drives instead was posted here some time ago (they work).

I believe that Tandy no longer exchanges the drives.  If they do, they
are cheaper than other sources, unless you can find them surplus.

crmeyer@voodoo.ucsb.edu (12/02/89)

-Message-Text-Follows-
In article <1989Dec1.043049.6320@NCoast.ORG>, mikes@NCoast.ORG (Mike Squires) writes...
>  A message about using 5 1/4"
>1.2MB drives instead was posted here some time ago (they work).

Does anyone have a copy of this message they could post?

						Thanks in advance!