[comp.sys.tandy] coco 3 software

jsol@athena.mit.edu (Jon Solomon) (01/02/90)

Apologies if this is the wrong group to post this on, but I heard
a rumor that there was a software repository somewhere on the net
for Radio Shack Color Computers. I have a coco3, and I am particularly
interested in BBS software and word processing software.

thanks in advance,
--jsol

djh9381@ultb.isc.rit.edu (D.J. Halko) (01/03/90)

jsol :

    You are not that far off. This is the Tandy SIG and the CoCo3 IS a Tandy
    computer. I and other users monitor this sig often.

    You said you were interested in BBS's and software. I will reply to you
    privately if you have any questions, but I felt this was an appropriate
    public message since CoCo and OS9 users are sort of kicked out of every
    user group and SIG because they are a different breed of user than the
    rest.

    Welcome aboard to the news group and post any questions you have... I and
    others who monitor the news group will do our best to help!

    There are two other news groups which you and other Color Computer users
    can post to, although this is the first place I would post questions
    about the CoCo. The other sigs are the OS9 and M6809 news groups (although
    they are generally very technically oriented user groups and center in on
    more than the Tandy CoCo - they center in on all 6809 and OS9 based
    computers.)

    I hope this message is seen by other CoCo users who are monitoring the
    newsgroup and keeps them from staying out due to a feeling of alienation.

		David J. Halko

parent@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Parent) (01/04/90)

Anyone looking for a forum for their coco 3 should get in contact with Eric
Tilenius at etwilen@pucc. He runs a bbs for all of the cocos, and their are 2
fileservers with lots of os-9 and rs-dos files. To get on the mailing list,
mail the following message to "coco@pucc" :

SUBSCRIBE COCO

You will get mail back from the group on how to get files,etc.
This will also give you a lot of mail from coco-users all over
the world. Hope this helps.

Mike Parent

beer@ecs.umass.edu (01/05/90)

In article <1990Jan2.001055.5014@athena.mit.edu>, jsol@athena.mit.edu (Jon Solomon) writes:
> Apologies if this is the wrong group to post this on, but I heard
> a rumor that there was a software repository somewhere on the net
> for Radio Shack Color Computers. I have a coco3, and I am particularly
> interested in BBS software and word processing software.
>
> thanks in advance,
> --jsol

knudsen@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (michael.j.knudsen) (01/12/90)

There is an automatic re-mailing list, with massive software archives,
at listserv@coco%pucc.princeton.edu, or something like that.

To post to it just send article to coco@pucc.princeton.edu,
but I think you have to send to the listserv to get subscribed
(added to the remailing list) and retrieve software files.

Works strictly by email, bypassing netnews.  Very active and all
levels of users supported, tho it's pretty heavy on the OS9 side
(and rightly so, IMHO :-)).
--
Mike Knudsen  knudsen@ihlpl.att.com   (708)-713-5134
"Round and round the while() loop goes;