[comp.sys.tandy] PD Database for Model 4P

iesa002@discg1.UUCP (john boris) (02/09/90)

I have a Model 4p that I would like to donate to the local library for their
use. Before doing this I was looking for a Database program that would work
from the two disk drives with a minimum of disk swapping. Preferably a PD
program or one that is low cost. If any exists I'd appreciate some info.
I would need the program on a disk or an address where to get it as I donot
have any other way to get files to the 4P.
Thanks in Advance.
--
 John J. Boris,Sr. Defense Industrial Supply Center-DISC-EE
 Philadelphia,PA (AV)442-6382 COMM (215)697-6382

peralta@pinocchio.Encore.COM (Rick Peralta) (02/15/90)

In article <3032@discg1.UUCP> iesa002@discg1.UUCP (john boris) writes:

>I have a Model 4p that I would like to donate to the local library for their
>use. Before doing this I was looking for a Database program that would work
>from the two disk drives with a minimum of disk swapping.

If you dig around, you can probably come up with a version of Profile+.
It was pretty good for it's day (even now) and would probably provide more
than enough for what the machine would be used for.  These jobbers were on
the bargain tables for cheap a long time ago and may now be plowed under
some where in the Ft. Worth area.  I may even have picked up a copy...

Anyone want a Model 4 with more trimmings than anyone would really want?
How about a Model 16, stock or souped up with fancy fast memory and CPU?
Or maybe...

 - Rick "I gotta get rid of some of these machines"
	"to make room for the new toys!!!!"