[comp.sys.tandy] Borland BGI support for Tandy 16-color graphics?

morrison@ficc.uu.net (Brad Morrison) (02/18/90)

Does anyone have, or even know of a BGI driver for Tandy's 16-color
graphics adapter for their PC compatibles?

--

jdc@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Jeff Capehart) (02/20/90)

In article <_:T1G+Any2@ficc.uu.net> morrison@ficc.uu.net (Brad Morrison) writes:
>Does anyone have, or even know of a BGI driver for Tandy's 16-color
>graphics adapter for their PC compatibles?

I called up Borland about this one and they told me that there is not a
current BGI driver for Tandy 320x200 16 color mode.  They said there was
a TGA.BGI or TANDY.BGI on the original release version of Quattro.  If
anyone has this file, I would greatly appreciate if it were UUEncoded
and posted to the net or mailed to me.

Tandy mode is different because it is 32K addressed by phantom mode at
xB8000 in groups of 8k on every 4th line.  Every 4 bits makes a pixel
hence the 16 color mode.  The 16 colors are the same as the EGA 16 colors.

Block		Memory Used		Scan lines

0		B8000H - B9F3FH		0, 4, 8 , ... , 196
1		BA000H - BBF3FH		1, 5, 9 , ... , 197
2		BC000H - BDF3FH		2, 6, 10, ... , 198
3		BE000H - BFF3FH		3, 7, 11, ... , 199

Tandy 16 color mode 320x200 can be activated by Video Service 0x10 (BIOS)
with AH=0, AL=9.  This is the same setting as the PCjr but the memory is
possibly mapped in a different way.

--
Jeff Capehart 		Internet: jdc@beach.cis.ufl.edu
University of Florida	UUCP:   ..!uflorida!beach.cis.ufl.edu!jdc