[comp.sys.tandy] Tandy 1000 + coprocessor?

crmeyer@voodoo.ucsb.edu (03/01/90)

Does anyone remember if the Tandy 1000 or 1000A has a socket for an 8087
coprocessor chip? It is not local so I just can't pop off the cover and look.

								Thanks!

gklimes@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (George Klimes) (03/03/90)

The original Tandy 1000 does not have a socket for a coprocessor. But one
can be added by buying a (expensive) board that installs in the machine.
The coprocessor plugs into this.

As for the Tandy 1000A, it DOES have a socket for a coprocessor...

--- George

carl@adm.BRL.MIL (Carl Rossmark) (03/07/90)

In article <4111@hub.UUCP> crmeyer@voodoo.ucsb.edu writes:
>Does anyone remember if the Tandy 1000 or 1000A has a socket for an 8087
>coprocessor chip? It is not local so I just can't pop off the cover and look.
>
>								Thanks!

<  I don't know about Tandy 1000, but the Tandy 1000A does!

Carl L. Rossmark   carl@dan.apgea.army.mil