[comp.sys.tandy] Tandy 6000 Xenix Software

RREED@UCF1VM.BITNET (03/24/90)

I'm looking for some source other than Radio Shack/Tandy for purchasing the
Development System for a Tandy 6000.  I believe Radio Shack wants like $700
for it.  I can get a new Tandy 6000 with a 15 meg HD and 512k RAM for $247
locally.  Would make a nice little "toy" to play with, but not with the
Development System.

Reginald Reed
rreed@ucf1vm.bitnet

reyn@trsvax.UUCP (03/27/90)

Gasp, you mean they want you to PAY for software??????
What will they stoop to next!!!!

( Many smilies should be included when interpreting this response )

On a more helpful note, if you can get to a Radio Shack Tent Sale in your
area, they often have Model 6000 software at clearance prices.  In case you
hadn't noticed, the 6000 isn't exactly being pushed by Tandy anymore.

trw@usna.NAVY.MIL (tsmith <trw@usna>) (03/30/90)

In article <193300206@trsvax>, reyn@trsvax.UUCP writes:

>                                                         In case you
> hadn't noticed, the 6000 isn't exactly being pushed by Tandy anymore.

In case you hadn't noticed, they don't even admit to it's existence anymore.

:-( :-( :-(
(this from a proud(?) owner of 2 of them.)

bill gunshannon
bill@platypus.uofs.edu

jpr@dasys1.uucp (Jean-Pierre Radley) (04/10/90)

In article <2599@ultb.isc.rit.edu> djh9381@ultb.isc.rit.edu (D.J. Halko) writes:
>>The tandy 6000 isn't really being pushed by Tandy any more....
>The only support from Radio Shack for the Tandy 6000 is directly out of
>Texas...

Someone who still supports the 6000, both hardware and software, and
probably does a better job on the hardware than Tandy ever did, is

	Bob Snapp
	6962 Plainfield Road
	Cincinnati, OH 45236
	513-891-4496