[comp.sys.tandy] Need help with TRS-80 model III.

alan@merch.TANDY.COM (Alan Caldera) (05/26/90)

In article <1990May25.000624.10590@usenet.ins.cwru.edu>, garylee@victoria.scl.cwru.edu (Gary Lee) writes:

> >        Hello folks, I don't read this newsgroup much, but I wonder if
> >you could help... my little cousin ( about 14 ) just got a TRS-80 model 3
> >as a freebie.  She also got original diskettes for the operating system,
> >Visical and Scripsit.  What she didn't get was any documentation!!!
> >

> Two things I'd try:
>
> 	Call Tandy National Parts at 1-800-442-2425 and give them the stock
> number off the computer. If it's available they will sell it to you. If not,
> see if they will put you in touch with the archives. There you should be able
> to get a Photo copy at least.
>
> 	Also try Tandy Support Services at 1-817-878-6890. Though I don't know
> if they can supply specific help, they might be able to provide a list of
> current vendors which can.

A minor correction to the above, when calling National Parts, please give
them the catalog number off the original Radio Shack diskettes that
Scripsit and Visicalc came on. I believe they will make photocopies of old
manuals for a small charge per page. As far as calling Computer Support
Services, the correct number for Spreadsheet/Wordprocessing Support is
(817) 878-6880 and for TRSDOS/XENIX Support is (817) 878-6885. These
numbers are open 8am to 5:30pm Central time, Monday-Friday.

Thank you for your support.
--alan
Alan Caldera
System Engineer-Productivity Support Group
Computer Support Services
Tandy Corporation

Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed here are my own.