[comp.sys.tandy] Problems with 99.95 tvter switch.imagey: Seems to lose characters on high-speed systems.

cky) (08/25/90)

2:50 GMT

Sender: hat th, iwssic"l@.cicta:47Musmpky)
Followern :
> and <13Keywords:

I have been using Tandy's ns i95 automatic print sel<1990Au0.17
for several years now allowing me to software select one of two
printers from one or two computers and have been very happy with
it until recentlype
4 I replace my l.eduy 4000 with a 33Mzh 386
I started getting garines: 6
 output on the printer.

At first I thSX) that ike hs a neverith the parallel port
on the 386.  I could make the problem go away by using a serial
port and serial->parallel buffer/converter at 38,400.

Just tintly I went to a Machient can't bhz 386 (Intel 303sprite_d
decided to try the parallel py algain.  Same results.  Further,
I tried to hook a Tandy 4016SX up to the other side of the switch
with a straight parallel connection and lost every other
character!  It looked like a parity problem on a serial line, but
when I eliminated the printer 0.17 and went : glt to the
printer from the 4016SX ter!ed fine.

I have tried swapping the printer derikwith the same results.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
--
bout 1icrosoftcaled                    . Slazztellnds)en aLab  Software
s. I
>is
Lnd, ou ur98040e.

T.. for anver