[comp.sys.tandy] WANTED: Anything for a Tandy 2000

larry1@slovax.WA.COM (larry1) (08/23/90)

I've recently received a tandy 2000 from a friend and I'm hoping
someone might be able to give me some pointers as to where I
might find software for it. The 2000 is a close PC compatible
but falls short when it comes to hardware specific programming
such as direct screen writes, serial I/O etc... Alot of the
PD software I have works fine but I am interested in software
that that originally directed at the 2000. I would be very
excited if someone could suggest a good comm. program as well.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you have had experience
with the 2K and have any useful information whatsoever, Drop
me a line, or post if you think someone else would be interested.

By the way, I would also like to hear from anyone having
hardware/accessories for the 2K.

Thanks Dude.

Larry Hatfield              |     "Just cuz we're paranoid don't mean
BDM International           |      they ain't after us"
larry1@slovax.WA.COM        |

rlp@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Jarhead) (08/25/90)

In article <138@slovax.WA.COM> larry1@slovax.WA.COM (larry1) writes:

about wanting hardware, software, helpful hints, etc.,
for a newly-acquired Tandy 2000.

>I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you have had experience
>with the 2K and have any useful information whatsoever, Drop
>me a line, or post if you think someone else would be interested.

Yes, Please post!  I too have a Tandy 2000 (saving pennies for
a Sun, so I've gotta make do for now), and I'm most interested
in hearing what you might have to add.

>Thanks Dude.

Yeah, I echo the statement!

Bob

--
rlp@beach.cis.ufl.edu  					    Air:  PP-SEL
AMA # 541283 				   		   Road:  750 Ninja

jim.duffield@f646.n250.z1.fidonet.org (jim duffield) (08/31/90)

 r> Yes, Please post!  I too have a Tandy 2000 (saving pennies for
 r> a Sun, so I've gotta make do for now), and I'm most interested
 r> in hearing what you might have to add.

        As a matter of fact, the 2000 is probably more compatible than you
think.  Most programs should run on the 2000 with no problems at all.  You
specifically asked for a good COMM program, so I thought I'd suggest Telix,
which is being distributed right now as Shareware, but I'd advise waiting
until the end of September, when the new version will be coming out, with
extra support for things like terminal emulation and background file
transfers.  I myself am using a 1000 TX, which has been discontinued, but find
that I can do basically anything with it, as long as I'm using MS or IBM-DOS.
Hope this helps!

ttyl,

Jim.

--- Maximus-CBCS v1.02
 * Origin: Blakstar Systems, Toronto, Canada: (416)924-3177: (1:250/646)