[comp.sys.tandy] Mod 6000 cc problem with smail

rkw@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Dr. R.K. Wright) (09/14/90)

I have two 16B Mod6000 Tandy's with 3.2 Xenix.
I have smail3 (aka smail 2.5) from uunet...3 parts.

The compiler is vomiting on void starting in
def.h and proceeding on.

Is there an easy way around this problem?
Has anyone gotten smail to compile?
--

R.K. Wright MD                                                uunet!medex2!rkw
Chief Medical Examiner                                   rkw@medexam.ftl.fl.us

rkw@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Dr. R.K. Wright) (09/15/90)

In <1990Sep13.202945.4836@mthvax.cs.miami.edu> rkw@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Dr. R.K. Wright) writes:

>I have two 16B Mod6000 Tandy's with 3.2 Xenix.
>I have smail3 (aka smail 2.5) from uunet...3 parts.

>The compiler is vomiting on void starting in
>def.h and proceeding on.

>Is there an easy way around this problem?
>Has anyone gotten smail to compile?

I was advised by three kind souls that the solution
to this problem was adding -Dvoid=int  to the cc lines.

Works like a charm.
--

R.K. Wright MD                                                uunet!medex2!rkw
Chief Medical Examiner                                   rkw@medexam.ftl.fl.us
Associate Professor Pathology

nanook@rwing.UUCP (Robert Dinse) (09/15/90)

:
: The compiler is vomiting on void starting in
: def.h and proceeding on.
:
: Is there an easy way around this problem?
: Has anyone gotten smail to compile?
: --
:
: R.K. Wright MD                                                uunet!medex2!rkw
: Chief Medical Examiner                                   rkw@medexam.ftl.fl.us
: Associtate Professor Pathology

     Yes, this may not be the best solution but it works.
     Add: -Dvoid=int to the cc line in the makefile. It makes all the
voids, which the compiler doesn't understand, into int's, which is
technically wrong but the compiler doesn't choke anymore.